The Punisher (Netflix)

soundmotor

super modified
I've enjoyed all the Marvel/Netflix collabs (except Iron Fist) but The Punisher borders on epic for me. Was not much of a fan of Bernthal in TWD but in this role he shines. Two more eps to go and I am wondering when the next season hits. Very entertaining, they've got a great Odd Couple vibe going on with him and his partner.

Who else is watching?

the-punisher-season-1-new-traile-600x338.jpg

I keep saying I'm not a "Marvel" fan, but my daughter took me to see Ragnarok and I had a lot of fun. Then you suggested "The Punisher" and I thought, "Eh, what the hell. Check the trailers on Netflix.". That was yesterday. I have three episodes left and am now suffering from sleep deprivation... Good god damn thing it's Sunday and I don't have to work until tomorrow night.

Thank you.;)

I keep saying I'm not a "Marvel" fan, but my daughter took me to see Ragnarok and I had a lot of fun. Then you suggested "The Punisher" and I thought, "Eh, what the hell. Check the trailers on Netflix.". That was yesterday. I have three episodes left and am now suffering from sleep deprivation... Good god damn thing it's Sunday and I don't have to work until tomorrow night.

Thank you.;)

Heh, more or less my reaction on it too. My wife & I metered it out though and kept to 2 a night.

Fair warning on last 2 eps, The Punisher earns his name.

/graphic

Holy cow!!!!! The sniper scene in the first episode. They actually talked to a real sniper on this, the rifle is an L115A3 shooting the .338 Lapua cartridge. This rifle/cartridge system is on record with the longest kill shot in history 8,120 feet, or 1.54 miles. The previous record was with a Canadian McMillan .50 BMC bolt action and it was 7,972 feet. The scene matches exactly what a retired special forces acquaintance of mine who did "wet work" in central America for the CIA told me about his use of his .30/378 weatherby rifle. You never hear about it but the scene exactly matches what I have heard through this acquaintance what has actually happened on southern border. .

accuracy_international_l115a3_by_dave_llamaman-da71zd2.png

Last edited:
I liked it. I wish he was more of like the punisher in the daredevil series. I guess he can’t be gun ho all the time. Was a good series though.

I hate politics, and if something as slimy as greed or politics lead to the death of family members, I'm not sure how I would deal with it? And while I don't think I could go as 'dark' as Frank did, I can definitely understand his motives and actions. A well done series. Now if only Iron Fist would jump up a level or 3 in quality???

I hate politics, and if something as slimy as greed or politics lead to the death of family members, I'm not sure how I would deal with it? And while I don't think I could go as 'dark' as Frank did, I can definitely understand his motives and actions. A well done series. Now if only Iron Fist would jump up a level or 3 in quality???

I just could not get into Iron Fist, the actor was pretty weak. I bailed after 3 eps but my wife stayed with it to the end. It did not really improve.

I liked Jessica Jones & Luke Cage though, both were very enjoyable.

I just could not get into Iron Fist, the actor was pretty weak. I bailed after 3 eps but my wife stayed with it to the end. It did not really improve.

I liked Jessica Jones & Luke Cage though, both were very enjoyable.

I really wanted to like Iron Fist, but it kept falling flat to me. Which is a shame, as all the supporting characters were very good. I was also really looking forward to some Iron Fist, Luke Cage "Heroes for Hire" action, which hasn't developed, yet.

Now, I watched all of the Netflix/Marvel collaborations, but I'm still confused about Jessica Jones. Maybe I slept through it, but how did she 'get' her powers? And are the powers super strength? She seems pretty invincible, plus strong. And I think I saw her flying (or close to it in the series). She seems pretty capable, for someone who doesn't want powers or notoriety.

Now, I watched all of the Netflix/Marvel collaborations, but I'm still confused about Jessica Jones. Maybe I slept through it, but how did she 'get' her powers? And are the powers super strength? She seems pretty invincible, plus strong. And I think I saw her flying (or close to it in the series). She seems pretty capable, for someone who doesn't want powers or notoriety.

Isn't she a mutant (X-Men sub-character)? Then David Tennant showed up playing one of the best psycho bad guys ever and it was well worth sticking around.

Which reminds me, a new season of Broadchurch just popped up Netflix.

I bought all the comics back in the 80's and love the series. I can't wait to watch it. I'm waiting for the Christmas days off to binge it with a good bottle of whiskey and some good pulled pork.

If you liked Punisher, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are fantastic. The actress that plays Jessica is smoking hot and David Tennant... come on.. The Doctor as a psycho baddy? How can you go wrong? Iron Fist's leading man is a little weak, but the story is good enough to keep me interested. Maybe someone less pretty and a little more ripped? He's kinda doughy for a superhuman martial arts machine.

Back
Top Bottom