The Grand Tour Season 2

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Season 2 of The Grand Tour has started. Great fun to watch but frankly it got boring. I guess I don’t find yet another show were supercars are driven through the narrow streets of a medieval town entertaining anymore. What it does show is how impractical these vehicles are. I found myself looking at a Lambo' and thinking Ford F150, Supercab 4X4, Ecoboost V6.

F8CEC966-640F-413C-BFD9-FD6A7F4CA315.jpeg

Season 2 of The Grand Tour has started. Great fun to watch but frankly it got boring. I guess I don’t find yet another show were supercars are driven through the narrow streets of a medieval town entertaining anymore. What it does show is how impractical these vehicles are. I found myself looking at a Lambo' and thinking Ford F150, Supercab 4X4, Ecoboost V6.

View attachment 1063906

Practicality plays no part in those sort of cars! The same goes for motorcycles. It all about the driving/riding enjoyment.

As for the show, no I do not watch it. These types of shows become boring real quick, and I have better things to do with my time.

It's just that they can't seem to break out of the same old thing over and over. I think they've forgotten we like cars... all cars. They don't do any new car news, they don't talk about any new car tech AT ALL. No reviews, nothing.

The "American" which they had in the first season was completely uninspired and stupid. At least someone put a thought into the test driver this time and they got a woman to do what The Stig does, but they missed a great opportunity during the second show this week to introduce her to us and bring her out on stage.

Whatever... it pains me to see something that has such potential go to crap. Sometimes talent (that's the on-camera people) forgets that the people producing the program are very very good at what they do and can bully the show into failure. That is what seems (only the people making the show know for sure) to be happening to GT.

I watched all of the Top Gear shows with this cast and production crew. Time and time again they had ridiculous segments maneuvering exotic cars through medieval towns with streets built for foot traffic and sedan chairs. In the 2nd episode they feature the new Ford GT 40 and right off you see that you can adjust the ride height to accommodate different roads, why doesn't the Lamborghini have this? I have not finished watching episode 2 because I fell the asleep halfway through it. :boring:

The super car thing has worn off at age thirty. What I’m really interested in more so than ever are cars I could actually afford. I have to plug a YouTube channel here called Savagegeese. He’s a car reviewer who gets deep into the details of driving and owning a car along with the technical details of the car. He goes over a lot of them with a real mechanic, has a dry sense of humor, and great production quality for a one or two person self financed operation. Check out his channel. Find something on there you might be actually interested in buying and set aside a half hour to watch.

Edit: I do want to see the Grand Tour cover the Kia Stinger which you see in the intro roll. The debut lease deals on those are nuts right now. I can’t afford it but maybe some day off lease?

Of the 3 the only one I really like is James May. Of the three he is the only one who presents other great shows. Very few of his British shows have aired here in the State. I have watch most all of them. His shows Toy Stories, The Reassembler are very entertaining.

In an interview, James May talks about the fact that he does not get along at all well with Jeremy Clarkson, or Richard Hammond. It is a no surprise that Jeremy Clarkson is the king "A" hole of the trio. Jame May on the other hand is reported to be a very nice man in public.

Of the 3 the only one I really like is James May. Of the three he is the only one who presents other great shows. Very few of his British shows have aired here in the State. I have watch most all of them. His shows Toy Stories, The Reassembler are very entertaining.

In an interview, James May talks about the fact that he does not get along at all well with Jeremy Clarkson, or Richard Hammond. It is a no surprise that Jeremy Clarkson is the king "A" hole of the trio. Jame May on the other hand is reported to be a very nice man in public.

I agree with you that May is the most likable of the three, but that he doesn't get along with them is bonkers. He clearly announced that Top Gear without the other two wasn't going to be Top Gear and despite ridiculous offers from the Beeb to stay, he left. Not taking away from the fact that the offer from Amazon was probably that much more ridiculous, but he's comfortable enough to have decided not to keep working with them if he didn't like them.

I won't argue that Jeremy is a tool however. :)

We watched Top gear for the banter and dynamics, but hated the endless repackaging and clip shows there.
I think we watched a couple of the Grand Tour shows last year, but it seemed dry and pointless.
I wish the guys well, but we have no interest in Season 2.

Wouldn't you work for the money they are getting from Amazon? I mean I would work with anyone for that kind of money. It says all they care about is money and there is nothing wrong with that but the show is boring as sin.

Without a doubt. And yes and yes. I wish them well. I'll watch but only because it's "free" with my Amazon sub. Frankly, if I had to pay extra for it, I'd have more fun watching Fifth Gear.

In one of the episodes of Toy Story James May tried to build with the help of locals a 10 mile long model train track. It was built along an abandoned railroad trackway. He did this in order to promote the return of this rail route. They had trouble because of vandalism and theft of the controllers and batteries along the way but they managed to get it done.

Back
Top Bottom