Pics of your listening space

It was part of a big collection of mostly tube gear that I bought a year and a half ago from the daughter of a guy who died suddenly. He left almost no information behind about his collection so it has been a "inspect, test and see what it needs" process for each piece.

This Bogen 230A needed very little. I tested all of the tubes and brought it up slowly on a variac while measuring PS voltages and it played music. One output stage coupling cap measured a bit off so I changed them all to be safe. Other than that, I cleaned the controls, adjusted the output stage and that was that.

Whatever you did was just enough and not too much. Forever thankful.

Here are updated photos of my space--there are some minor changes. The Blue microphones for now are back on the desk. I moved the painted disc with Austin skyline on it from in front of a speaker stand
to hiding a cube in the Kallax that hold electrical outlets. Finally I am not sure but EAT turntable might be new since I last posted---moved the project downstairs. Oh and probably more records now--exactly sitting at 1200.more-0933 (Large).jpg cave-0926 (Large) (2).jpg more-0934 (Large).jpg cave-0924 (Large).jpg cave-0929 (Large).jpg

Little listening session tonight.

Was listening to the Meadowlark Kestrel Hotrods connected to my Bluesound Powernode 2. The Tektons are hooked to the Parasound P5/A23 combo and the Elac UB5’s are connected to the Yamaha A-S301 Integrated.

- Woody

View attachment 1068382

Any chance you need a roommate?

Man, so much to like in that photo. It's hard to take in so much goodness.

Last edited:
Current NAD 3020 / Dual 601 / Paradigm 5se rig in the front room of my not-so-big Chicago bungalow. I rotate pieces in and out. cd, cassette, tuner and eq are in the old TV cabinet. It's an old RCA Victor that is almost perfect. Found it in the alley. Home theater is in the basement.

View attachment 1068546

Very nice. I like everything you've done - the re-purposed TV cabinet, the custom wood case on your NAD 3020 and the chrome tulip stands for your speakers.

Are those Bose 901 stands, or something else? I have a pair of KLH 23s (shown here on top of a pair of Rectilinear III Highboys):

1967_4.jpg

That I think would look perfect atop a pair of tulip stands.

Also, where did you hide the wire for the speaker on the left?

Yup - chrome 901 stands. Wires run under the floor, down and back up through two small holes. House was built in 1923, one of them, behind the console, was already there... Thanks!

Yup - chrome 901 stands. Wires run under the floor, down and back up through two small holes. House was built in 1923, one of them, behind the console, was already there... Thanks!

Ah yes, even though I grew up there, I temporarily forgot homes in the Midwest have basements. My current place has a concrete slab foundation. I won't be running speaker wires under the floor anytime soon.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for a pair of 901 tulip stands. Yours look great.

Very nice. I like everything you've done - the re-purposed TV cabinet, the custom wood case on your NAD 3020 and the chrome tulip stands for your speakers.

Are those Bose 901 stands, or something else? I have a pair of KLH 23s (shown here on top of a pair of Rectilinear III Highboys):

1967_4.jpg

That I think would look perfect atop a pair of tulip stands.

Also, where did you hide the wire for the speaker on the left?

Your KLHs will probably look pretty good on tulip stands... I decided today to rotate my 17s in.

IMG_5081.JPG

Back
Top Bottom