What's your favorite "B" movie?

Best b of all time no question...

Black Dynamite

It's so bad is so good. Dynamite!!!
Wow... just wow. Saw that film at 3am a few years ago and bad was being nice.

Check yourself into Arkham Asylum immediately! :crazy:

Think I saw a "gif" earlier @ this thread of a character from it, but the film's name was not cited:

Flesh Gordon.

I think one could arguably label most of Bill Asher's Sixties "beach" flavoured films as "B" quality. Certainly the acting, as even the great Buster Keaton, when he appeared, was, um, compromised. Rickles did about the best job @ that series. Don't get me wrong: I have copies of all of them and love them, but top-drawer productions they ain't.

Tales From The QuadeaD Zone (Chester Novell Turner, 1987)

I cannot begin to describe this very strange, cheap production.

Do I recognize C. Bronson and B. Crawford among that group of fellers?

Yeah, along with Lon Chaney Jr. and William Tallman. The movie also had Ralph Meeker and Willis "nothing's too good for the man who shot Liberty Valance" Bouchey. Meeker played a cold, emotionless child kidnapper nicknmamed the Iceman by the press which gives Crawford a great line when Meeker shows up at the prison--"The Iceman cometh".

I think one could arguably label most of Bill Asher's Sixties "beach" flavoured films as "B" quality. Certainly the acting, as even the great Buster Keaton, when he appeared, was, um, compromised. Rickles did about the best job @ that series. Don't get me wrong: I have copies of all of them and love them, but top-drawer productions they ain't.

Those the ones with Harvey Lembeck as the outlaw biker?

Yeah, along with Lon Chaney Jr. and William Tallman. The movie also had Ralph Meeker and Willis "nothing's too good for the man who shot Liberty Valance" Bouchey. Meeker played a cold, emotionless child kidnapper nicknmamed the Iceman by the press which gives Crawford a great line when Meeker shows up at the prison--"The Iceman cometh".

Bill Tallman -- he played prosector Burger @ the Perry Mason series starring Raymond Burr?

The Big House flick looks fun. Reminds me of a B-grade flick that TMC shows every so often, but on the ladies' side: Caged (1950). Might've been the first of the "tough broads in the slammer" films. "File out you tramps!" heh

He walked by night, Them , The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Gorgo, Reptilicus, Gog, Riders to the Stars, Fiend without a Face, The Giant Claw, The Magnetic Monster. The Night Caller from outer space., Queen of blood, The Crawling Eye (The trollenberg terror), Kronos. Grew up watching WPIX, WNEW New York as a kid. All the Monster,vampire movies you could want .

Last edited:
He walked by night, Them , The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Gorgo, Reptilicus, Gog, Riders to Stars, Fiend without a Face, The Giant Claw, The Magnetic Monster. The Night Caller from outer space., Queen of blood, The Crawling Eye (The trollenberg terror), Kronos. Grew up watching WPIX, WNEW New York as a kid. All the Monster,vampire movies you could want .

TCM just ran It Came From Outer Space, 50s schlocker where the monster looked like a giant pizza with a single eye in the middle of it. Right up your alley, I'd bet

Evil Dead,probably a poster child for a b movie, The Giant Claw,Them, Hot rods To Hell-- sorry if you missed Gloria in that one--,Psyco Cop, and others. I love the hacker slasher humorous genre. Also Hells Highway with "Lucinda".

Back
Top Bottom