Ak's 2017 Secret Santa Sign up complete, Now what did you get?

My neighbor brought over my Secret Santa gift last night; he said it came a few days ago and we kept missing each other. He offered to keep it instead of giving it to me, ha, no way! The Hullabaloo Christmas coffee, mug and tea towel are really nice and we'll enjoy it Christmas Eve and Day. Thank you so much Santa! Audio Karma Secret Santa.jpg

My SS gift arrived about a week ago and was opened today. Clearly a great job SS, whoever you are. Nailed it on something I gave up trying to find.

Now to my SS (who shall remain nameless here) recipient I apologize for being late. Your gift has been selected and just needs to be picked up and sent to you. Our home, although spared flames, was in heavy ash and smoke for two full weeks up until mid week, last week, as well as packing a ton of stuff to put by front door in case we got called to leave in a hurry. Our lives were turned upside down (but less so than many others I know including brethren here) and completely thrown out of whack. Your gift will be sent next week and will include some bonuses for your patience. My deepest apologies for being tardy. It is not my style to do so. Quite the opposite.

I haven't yet received anything from my secret santa, but I just want to express that I am in no rush and am not feeling short changed :) merry Christmas and please don't let this forum disrupt your family time!

How many that didn’t get anything from theirs SS ?

Invariably, there will be delays, supplier or vendor problems, and of course shipping issues. I have it on good authority that Santa has had some problems with a number of his vendors who over promised and under delivered, quite literally. So patience, being a virtue, is key here, and hopefully everyone has fun with it. I know I have.

And with that, here's my Secret Santa gift unwrapped - a nice Swing Out Sister Album that I don't have with protective sleeve :thumbsup:, plus a nice personalized card. Thanks my NJ Secret Santa. Will be spinning this for New Years! :beerchug:

IMG_0984.JPG

My THIRD! item arrived today. A cool "Happiness is a warm tube" shirt like this, but black.(Camera integration issues) My SS went too far! I love it!:jump:
ra%2Cvneck%2Cx925%2Cfafafa%3Aca443f4786%2Cfront-c%2C217%2C175%2C210%2C230-bg%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u2.jpg

Update! Apparently I received TWO t-shirts, both with the same size and artwork, but both done a bit differently, both black shirts. Shipped from different addresses. Curious. I also received TWO copies of the same CD I ordered a month ago from the UK, stuck together in the packet. Just noticed that yesterday... like, really weird, man!

Last edited:
Apparently my Santa used the same shipper I did. I just hope he or she gets their gift and that mine has not got lost in the shipping fiasco that is the holiday season.

My THIRD! item arrived today. A cool "Happiness is a warm tube" shirt like this, but black.(Camera integration issues) My SS went too far! I love it!:jump:
ra%2Cvneck%2Cx925%2Cfafafa%3Aca443f4786%2Cfront-c%2C217%2C175%2C210%2C230-bg%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u2.jpg

Update! Apparently I received TWO t-shirts, both with the same size and artwork, but both done a bit differently, both black shirts. Shipped from different addresses. Curious. I also received TWO copies of the same CD I ordered a month ago from the UK, stuck together in the packet. Just noticed that yesterday... like, really weird, man!

Sounds like you hit the jackpot. Better get a Powerball ticket right now!

Waited until Christmas to open my bounty.

Received some vintage tubes: a matched pair of 6AU6WC tubes, (mil spec, by the packaging ) and one 6U8A.

Thanks, Santa

I sent my present out so it arrived the Monday before Christmas, but no word here that it was a good gift :-(

Still waiting for my Secret Santa, will look for it this week!!

My SS gift came today. Necessary items for tape head cleaning. Will come in very handy for my new reel to reel and cassette deck. Thanks!

Already got Who’s next LP and all the reel to reel tapes I need. Offer appreciated though.

Back
Top Bottom