Can't get Chromecast Audio to connect to wifi

Seem to be getting intermittent but still annoying dropouts.

Any troubleshooting tips on this?

Argh - my woes continue!

Last night the boys unplugged my CCA to use the outlet for one of their laptops.

Plugged the CCA back in, waited - tried to cast - no devices found.

Repower via the usb cord - still nothing.

Did a FDR, went thru the setup again. Got a completion screen, got an DHCP IP address, can ping that address, but when I try to cast, No Devices Found.

F.....

Is this what digital audio is all about? F'in fighting setups and connections all the time?

Is this what digital audio is all about? F'in fighting setups and connections all the time?

Of course not. Millions use it daily with no issues.

I'm no IT person, but it would seem you have issues with your router, unless your CCA is defective.

Are you running on 5.0 or 2.4Ghz? If 5.0, try 2.4 if your router gives you those options.

Eric

I am running 2.4GHz.

Had it working fine, except for dropouts, yesterday.

Sigh...guess I'll give up time in my life to go scour some CCA help/support pages and forums - and all I want to do is listen to my jazz station this morning.

I can ping the CCA, but Cast can't find it. ???

I'm cursed.

I am running 2.4GHz.

Had it working fine, except for dropouts, yesterday.

Sigh...guess I'll give up time in my life to go scour some CCA help/support pages and forums - and all I want to do is listen to my jazz station this morning.

I can ping the CCA, but Cast can't find it. ???

I'm cursed.

Also reboot your Laptop. And router.

Have you tried to connect from a phone? Spotify App?

Eric

So, reset my laptop - nope. Could still ping the CCA, but Cast could not 'see' it.

Reset the Router and the Modem.

Now, I couldn't ping the CCA at all and the bookmark I made of my CCA ID/Config could no longer see it.

Did another full FDR with a power disconnect/reconnect - that seems to be the only way chromecast setup can see a new CCA device.

Went thru the config again - got the screen of completion - still couldn't cast.

Rebooted the laptop again - got it!

I have no f'in idea what the magic combo I did was 'it'.

This is WAY too hard to get this going. I'll have to see how reliable this session will last.

Also if you cast from Google Chrome, On the top right where the casting icon is, right click on that and you get the option for "Manage Cast Devices".

You can reset the CCA from there, rename or w/e.

Eric

I would recommend leaving the laptop out of it and trying it with your phone for awhile.

My original Chromecast (the first gen video version) did have a few issues with connectivity, and we ultimately ended up not using it since it could not play many of the video formats from my media server. I now use it to cast music to my Oppo via its HDMI input (so it goes through the Oppo's DAC section) and it has worked fine since.

I set up my kitchen CCA once and it has worked every single time. I only just added one on the living room system but it still shows up as ready and available all the time I prepare to cast something. I do set them up on 2.4GHz only, and use the Google Home app on the phone to set them up. That seems to work the smoothest for me.

I have found that my Chromecasts are more reliable when set up and controlled by an Android device, especially when casting to a group.

The Google Home app is essential for set-up, and makes rebooting and firmware checks more simple.

I just hooked my 3rd CCA to the Oppo about an hour ago. Setup seemed strange and it wasn't appearing as it should, but then about a half hour later it was working--turns out it was doing a firmware update. Seems OK now on a weak signal, casting Tidal HiFi, initiated from the phone.

Back
Top Bottom