My Deezer HiFi Lossless Experience

gvl

12:00pm Subscribed to a Free 30-day Trial
12:05pm Downloaded and installed the Deezer Desktop App for Windows
12:30pm Became convinced the app does not allow direct hardware access (ASIO/WASAPI) for bit-perfect playback and it doesn't run well on older hardware (vintage Thinkpad T43 laptop that however has no issues running Spotify and JRiver on W7)
12:35pm Got excited that Deezer now supports lossless on Chromecast Audio (https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/30/deezer-hifi-music-streaming-chromecast-built-in-speakers/)
12:40pm Got irritated that Deezer does not support lossless on Chromecast Audio (https://en.deezercommunity.com/troubleshooting-and-tips-4/deezer-hifi-on-chromecast-audio-324)
12:45pm Uninstalled the Desktop App and cancelled my trial subscription
12:50pm Listening to Spotify

Last edited:
I'll likely give them another chance later when they go past Beta and/or the CCA is truly supported. As of now their lossless is vaporware unless you own a Sonos or B&O device. Should have waited to burn my primary email or used a secondary one.

Have you tried Tidal HiFi? The Hi-Fi light stays lit when casting to Chromecast or Sonos. I’m in the middle of a 90-day free trial, working well.

Have you tried Tidal HiFi? The Hi-Fi light stays lit when casting to Chromecast or Sonos. I’m in the middle of a 90-day free trial, working well.

I'm trying out Tidal right now and HiFi lossless is very nice indeed. I might have to stay with it for a while.

Eric

I have. At the time I thought their selection lacked and they didn't have a Spotify Connect equivalent and I didn't have a CCA. I have a CCA now and will revisit although I want to exhaust all other options before I bow before JAY-Z. Ideally I want to avoid a CCA altogether and have a desktop app with a remote control interface that can do lossless/bit-perfect out to a USB device. Hopefully Spotify will come to senses and offer lossless with WASAPI soon, although given it's been on the back burner for a number of years now I'm not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom