Hello from Pennsylvania!

BetaMaster64

Hello! I'm from Pennsylvania, as you can see from the title. I'm 19 years old, in college (on break right now, however), studying Computer Science. I work at a computer store, building/repairing computers. I've been into record collecting since I was 8 years old in 2006. My first record player was a 45 EY-2 record player that my Grandfather got me for Christmas (along with the 45s "Surfin' Bird" and "G.T.O."). I stuck with pretty low-end record players (mostly portable units, such as the GE wildcat) until about 2013, when I started buying, repairing, and reselling audio equipment (and occasionally keeping things if they're an upgrade to something in my main setup). There were periods of time between 2013 and now that the hobby was dormant, but as of recently, I've been getting into it a lot more.
I enjoy buying used/abused radios, receivers, turntables, and all kinds of other stuff, recapping/repairing/lubricating, and then reselling them, then using that money to put back into the hobby and look for the next thing to fix. Having not grown up in the era where music and audio equipment was at its prime, I find it difficult sometimes to know what to look for, so I browse this site (and a few others) a lot, and look for advice and information. My main source of finding stuff is yard sales, flea markets, Craigslist, and dumpsters. You just never know what you're going to find, and sometimes insane deals show up that just can't be passed up. I've worked with many different speakers/turntables/radios/receivers, and know for sure that I haven't seen a fraction of them that exist.
I consider myself pretty new to this hobby. After silently browsing this site for a good, long time, I decided to join in hope of gaining more knowledge from those who are more experienced, as well as helping out where I can.

-Patrick

How you surviving all the snow up there ?

Hanging in there--I am just south of Erie, so I didn't get the full brunt of the snow, but still about 4'. I wonder how Classic Carl is doing--he is right in Erie. The problem is that with the temps staying well below freezing, this stuff ain't going nowhere quickly.

Hanging in there--I am just south of Erie, so I didn't get the full brunt of the snow, but still about 4'. I wonder how Classic Carl is doing--he is right in Erie. The problem is that with the temps staying well below freezing, this stuff ain't going nowhere quickly.
I can't even imagine .

Welcome from Scranton, PA.
wave.gif

Back
Top Bottom