What was the last movie you watched?

The Meyerowitz Stories.
This very fine film is the first one where I didn't find Adam Sandler to be formulaic, stilted and generally suck.
Well worth your time.

Angels & Demons (2009)
(Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Ayelet Zurer)

Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon works with a nuclear physicist to solve a murder and prevent a terrorist act against the Vatican during one of the significant events within the church. - IMDb

It was ok, I guess.

The one thing which stood out was that during the race to save the Vatican, with minutes to spare between points in the hunt, Hank's character (Robert Langdon) actually took the time to explain to the physicist what everything of significance they were looking for meant. I mean, come on man, let's cut the chit-chat and explain later.

It was rated a 6.7/10 on IMDb and rightly so.

Plus there was squat on TV.

Last night`s BR DVD selection from my collection was very enjoyable on two accounts..

1st: it was what I think a very, very good movie called: "Law Abiding Citizen" (director`s cut) rated 18(which is what their R is labeled on the jewel case), which is a 2009 UK region B release..
Staring Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx, with couple of notable actors..
I enjoyed the Hell out of this movie !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And the second important reason that I enjoyed it was I wanted to watch this movie, was it was given to me by my friend early spring of this year, because he didn`t notice when he ordered it from Amazon that it is a region B release and he couldn`t play the movie on his player..
And I had purchased a neat little plug in the back of my OPPO BDP-103 multi-region adaptor about 4 years back which worked fine..
Anyway, I now use my103 in audio only duty, elsewhere in my house, for playing a 500Gig flash drive filled with ripped WAV music for all day background listening after I purchased a OPPO UDP-203 as a 4K player upgrade.

So since this $ 40.00 multi-region adaptor" is "marketed for only the OPPO 103" and the vender wanted $100.00 for the "version" sold for the recently offered OPPO UDP-203 player and provided no pictures of the adaptor on his Epray listing, but had pictures of the 103 adaptor, I suspected they were one and the same and he was just scamming/gouging buyers.

Well, I threw the dice and decided to try connecting it to my "203" to see if it would in fact work, and it worked perfectly just the same as it had on the "103 player"..
And I reset the player back to region A after watching the region B movie to make sure that the "103 exclusive adaptor" wasn`t going to screw with my 203 player`s default A region, and I`m happy to say it didn`t and all the region A functions properly.. :blah: = :boring:

Sorry about the "partial" thread crap ! :(
Take care folks, OKB

Finished watching "Its a Wonderful Life" (uncut B&W version) and some special features last night...
and Netflix sent "Dunkirk" on Bluray, so I 'spose its next on the block, tho a friend loaned us
"Hungarian Rhapsody: Queen Live in Budapest" on DVD, a 1986 concert that has good reviews ...
Remastered in HiDef and 5.1, apparently ...

Finished watching "Its a Wonderful Life" (uncut B&W version) and some special features last night...
I have this on DVD. You simply have to admire George Bailey's perseverance in the face of Harry Potter's trickery at the bank. I know it's only a movie, but I swear every time I watch it I want to stick my hands into the screen and ring Potter's neck.

Last night`s B-I-L`s BR DVD selection from my collection, was the Weinstein Company`s 2006 release "The Last Legion" staring Colin Firth, Ben Kingsley, and the very pretty Aishwarya Rai.

We thought it was a pretty good movie, though it was the first time either of us had ever heard of or watched it, as it was brought over last night by a friend with a handful of other BR DVDs, who orders, and "sometime`s even speculatively selects" BR DVD`s for me from Amazon.

The ones that he "thinks" I might be interested in that he purchases without my knowledge, if I watch them and end not interested in owning(very rare !), well then he keeps and I don`t pay for them !!

He is my trusted personal movie critic and has very similar tastes as me..
This arrangement we have, goes all the way back to the early nineties, when I was first getting into projector HT & buying laser discs. Pretty sweet deal, me think`s !

Saw the movie "Downsizing" a few days ago. Really odd flick. It was not at all what I had expected, and frankly I found it quite strange.

"Heat" (1995)
Hadn`t watched this in quite a while....made me realize what a Grand Slam Michael Mann hit with this one, IMHO one of the all-time great crime films. This one has it all....incredible blend of all-star cast, excellent, coherent storyline, great locations, hypnotic musical score, and a shootout to end all shootouts....

Last night`s BR DVD was a very interesting, bazaar, and pretty funny 2017 movie called: "Kingsman" (The Golden Circle).
It came with 2 discs: (1) 4K, and (1) regular BR..

Rated R with a run time of 141 minutes staring Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, Mark Strong, Halle Berry, with Elton John, Chaining Tatum, and Jeff Bridges..
I really enjoyed this comedic spoof on spy type movies..

B-I-L didn`t stop over last night, so I didn`t fire up the 4K Sony projector, but played the regular BR DVD into my 52" Sony LED HD flat screen.
I will suggest this as a possible 4K movie to him the next time he stops by, so I can see how much difference I can tell between the two resolutions/display types..

Be safe and enjoy yourselves on this New Years Eve, folks.

Kind regards, OKB

Back
Top Bottom