Tube "Warmth" -- Literally

I'd swap your cold for our hot anytime. I hate the heat honestly, have to retreat to the ocean to cool off.

I have to have two airconditioners on (right now set at 22 degrees Celsius) while I am working. It's no fun soldering when there is sweat dripping off your nose. But I guess it's no fun soldering when your nose is frozen either huh?

:)

I'd swap your cold for our hot anytime. I hate the heat honestly, have to retreat to the ocean to cool off.

I have to have two airconditioners on (right now set at 22 degrees Celsius) while I am working. It's no fun soldering when there is sweat dripping off your nose. But I guess it's no fun soldering when your nose is frozen either huh?

John,if I had to live in the same climate as you and Manny, I'd probably drop dead!

I may joke about the cold,but I really can't stand heat.For me,if the temp stayed between 18 to 20 C (65 to 70 F) I would be one mighty content ''cold weather bear'' :)

Here's the thing I learned about the cold. After years of New York winters, where i was born and raised my family decided to move to Miami Beach. It was then I realized that no matter how cold it gets, you can simply dress warmer and be pretty comfortable unless it's rock-busting cold, and let's face it, NYC never really got THAT cold. Maybe once or twice during the winter it would go down to 0F but mostly it was 20's and teens during the worst of it.

Now when it gets hot and humid NOTHING YOU DO CAN HELP. You can strip down to your birthday suit and all that will do is sunburn your balls. And you will will still be hot. Heat suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I live in NE NC, basically VA Bch, OBX area. The heat sucks but no worst than Ohio just a month or so longer. Best part is they think it’s cold right now at 24F. :dunno:

While in the Navy I spent a couple of Christmas days in 80+ degree weather in Key West, Florida lounging at a hotel pool with topless babes wondering around. I also spent a few Christmas days in Denver, Colorado in anything from zero to 20 degrees. I enjoyed the poolside experience more. :biggrin:
Regarding the thread topic, my Fisher SA-300-B puts out a shit-ton of heat.

I wonder what rugby on skates would be like..........

I can imagine it being rather bloody. Perhaps more so than regular rugby. That being said, Aussie Rules Football on skates would be horrifying to see with their penchant for marks:

I can imagine it being rather bloody. Perhaps more so than regular rugby. That being said, Aussie Rules Football on skates would be horrifying to see with their penchant for marks:

Rugby and ARF; hooligan games played by gentlemen. Nice vid,thanks:)

-20F here today, supposed to get colder too..

Nice and warm at home though, provided you keep some distance from the windows!

SE 2A3s don't put out the heat like my old PPP 807s did, but the furnace makes up the difference.

It's whatever you're used to I guess. Born here in the Great White, and I remember hovering over the floor furnace after spending a couple years in SoCal, freezing my a$$ off when it got below 65F.

Today, it's 12F - which is 20 degrees warmer than same time yesterday.

Tube amps rule this time of the year. Baby, it's cold outside - throw another record on the "fire" ... <G>

Anything below 72*F and I start feeling COLD. The wood stove is running on medium right now. After 3 days now it's got the house at a comfortable 78*F and the furnace is just running the fan to circulate the heat in the Dining room. (it's 95*F in there). I may move to Az or NM. It's dry there too so 120 there feels like 85-90 here in Baltimore with the extreme humidity.

I used to joke to myself that Tube manufacturers and guys like Nelson Pass should market their amps in colder places and in the colder seasons.

Audiophiles definitely need 'summer' amps and 'winter' amps and maybe a few 'spring' and 'autumn' amps too for good measure. In this day and age with energy efficiency and all, we shouldn't be fighting the air-conditioners in summer or paying extra heating costs should we? :)

I may move to Az or NM. It's dry there too so 120 there feels like 85-90 here in Baltimore with the extreme humidity.
Don't kid yourself. 120 degrees in the shade is 132 degrees in the sun - that's deadly. We loose a LOT of people each year just from the heat. At those temps, if you are active you can not drink enough water to keep up with what you are sweating out. Even in a pool you can become dehydrated and die - believe it or not.

Little something they don't tell you in the vacation ads is how many tourists die of dehydration, get lost in the desert, fall off a cliff or their garman sends them down some back road. Actual death!!!!

-20F here today, supposed to get colder too..

Nice and warm at home though, provided you keep some distance from the windows!

SE 2A3s don't put out the heat like my old PPP 807s did, but the furnace makes up the difference.

Which part of the igloo homeland are you located in Max?

I'm in Edmonton Alberta, how about you?

I'm in Chateauguay,Quebec,just on the outskirts of Montreal. I was stationed in Edmonton many years ago.

I'm sitting here sipping a Timmy's double-double watching the World Junior Hockey Championship. Canada vs USA. I've been outside all day and boy,this is nice:)

Back
Top Bottom