CAN I USE THIS

DIPO

Ok folks Dipo here I am trying to retro fit my sansui 5000a, the retro fit instructions said to use a 100pf 100V capacitor so I ordered one and the parts house sent me a 82pf 100v cap. Can I use this vs the 100pf? Just don't know enough to make dec. on my own.

thanks Dipo

100 - 82 = 18 - I make that a ~22% difference - I think that is too much to accept - but it really depends where exactly the 100pF came from - was it in the tuner or the amplifier section?

Last edited:
100 - 82 = 18 - I make that a ~22% difference - I think that is too much to accept - but it really depends where the 100pF came from - was it in the tuner or the amplifier section?

I have included the instructions about f1040 driver board retro fit, I downloaded from AK and a picture that was included with them showing where the cap is supposed to go. I know little about electronics and am doing this as a 'I damn sure hope I do it correctly" effort. If I don't get it right then I'll buy another f1040 and try again. I love to tinker with things. I have learned a lot on this web page and really appreciate all the help I have gotten. I do know how to solder, just don't understand the intricacies of what do-dad does what to the other do-dads.

Thanks for the help

Tom

"Also compensate the 2SC485 with a 100pf 100v capacitor between the collector and base. This gets rid of a small oscillation that will occur at higher frequencies, and is absolutely critical if you have to replace the pre-driver transistors. On some boards there is actually a provision for this labeled c810."

upload_2018-1-1_14-10-44.png

"Also compensate the 2SC485 with a 100pf 100v capacitor between the collector and base. This gets rid of a small oscillation that will occur at higher frequencies, and is absolutely critical if you have to replace the pre-driver transistors...."

You have your answer, from the text above - use 100pF - nothing else. ;)

Damn, thanks John that sure was fast. What does Roobarb taste like. And I love your Groucho quote, sounds a lot like me,

tom

Damn, thanks John that sure was fast. What does Roobarb taste like. And I love your Groucho quote, sounds a lot like me,

tom

'Roobarb' (the Dog) is a deliberate misspelling of 'Rhubarb' which is technically a vegetable, but is nearly always stewed and sweetened in a 'crumble' for example, and is thus often served with custard. :)
Its taste is hard to describe, ever tasted stewed Gooseberries? - similar taste - Rhubarb is absolutely loaded with 'Iron' so is very good for you. ;)

As for Groucho and the Marx Brothers - I've always loved them. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Seems like most of the those boards do have the add on cap, always wondered what it was for. Did that one go bad, or are you just rebuilding the whole thing?

Rhubarb crumble with Custard, Double Cream even IceCeream, Delicious....
Sweet and Tangy, not to everyone's taste, like Marmite.

Seems like most of the those boards do have the add on cap, always wondered what it was for. Did that one go bad, or are you just rebuilding the whole thing?

Dipo here think you were asking me, one of the boards had been repaired in the past and the other is original. The one that had been repaired looks like it was done correctly, diode was not glued to the transistor rather it was held in place with one of the original clips, and elec. tape and was smeared with white grease. Fuse for that channel was blown. I'm hoping a rebuild will fix the problem and am going to rebuild the one that is still working but is the old configuration. Ordered the wrong parts so had to wait and reorder this month, not a lot of money but every penny counts.

Back
Top Bottom