What was the last movie you watched?

Watched all 6 of the Thin Man movies on TCM last night. This has always been one of my favorite series of movies. I loved the little tidbits TCM gave us between the movies.

"Julie & Julia" (2009)

A very engaging story (TWO stories, actually) of a New York City woman, frustrated with her job,and to break her routine, decides to prepare all 524 recipes contained in Julia Child`s cookbook "Mastering The Art Of French Cooking", giving herself a timeframe of exactly one year.
Interwoven into this film is the story of Julia Child, her early years learning to cook in France, and her subsequent rise to fame after her book got published.
Characters are played superbly, with Meryl Streep as Julia Child, and Amy Adams as Julie Powell, who lives (and cooks) in a tiny kitchen in Queens. Stanley Tucci is excellent as Paul Child. Based on a true story.

Watched all 6 of the Thin Man movies on TCM last night. This has always been one of my favorite series of movies. I loved the little tidbits TCM gave us between the movies.
Nick & Nora (and Asta, too) had that magic chemistry that always makes for good entertainment. IMHO, the two earliest films were the best....

I agree. Plus the first 3 stories had the original writer and the first 4 movies had the same director. (tidbits there) But they were all good. Wonder how many dogs got named Asta back then.

6 Days

Condensed dramatic recreation/retelling of the 6 days leading up to the 1980 London Iranian Embassy Siege intervention and rescue. Worth watching.

475461_m1503220504.jpg

Halloween III - Season of the Witch (Universal ISBN 0-7832-9213-9, upc 025192360626), dvd, 1982

This one and the original Halloween movie are the only two in the series worth watching.

Hitchcock (2012). Fairly standard Biopic, but Hopkins & Mirren completely nailed their characters! The whole cast was outstanding really.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If there was ever a category for Best Movie to follow it's Soundtrack, it would have to be Baby Driver.

Baby Driver has one of the best soundtracks I have encountered for a long time. And it's not just the music, it is how the scenes in the movie flow to the music. I have never heard Hocus Pocus by Focus in a movie, let alone have a gun fight where the shots are timed to the music. Also, the Driving and chase scenes are on par with the F&F movies.

I already got the soundtrack and have been enjoying it and will surely watch the movie again because I am sure I missed some of the music-movie connections.

Highly recommended for many reasons, Kevin Spacey, Jamie Fox and the main actor Ansel Elgort are all terrific. But the Music........

It should win awards for full length music video!!

If there was ever a category for Best Movie to follow it's Soundtrack, it would have to be Baby Driver.

Baby Driver has one of the best soundtracks I have encountered for a long time. And it's not just the music, it is how the scenes in the movie flow to the music. I have never heard Hocus Pocus by Focus in a movie, let alone have a gun fight where the shots are timed to the music. Also, the Driving and chase scenes are on par with the F&F movies.

I already got the soundtrack and have been enjoying it and will surely watch the movie again because I am sure I missed some of the music-movie connections.

Highly recommended for many reasons, Kevin Spacey, Jamie Fox and the main actor Ansel Elgort are all terrific. But the Music........

We watched Bubba Hotep again. Such an absurd movie and so funny.

I then noticed there was a series on netflix called Ash vs the Evil Dead, with Bruce Campbell reprising his role as Ash. What a stinkeroo. I lasted 10 minutes tops.

"The Bank Job" (2008)
The scene: London, 1971....Terry Leather (Jason Statham) is a small-time used-car dealer who seems to live on the ragged edge of the law. When an old neighborhood girlfriend approaches Terry with plans for a (supposedly) low-risk bank heist, he decides to do it, and assembles a ragtag crew of friends and acquaintances. Despite the long odds, they manage to get into the vault where all the safe-deposit boxes are, and begin cracking those boxes open. They find far more than they had bargained for, and must face new challenges at every turn.
Good film, very entertaining.

"The Bank Job" (2008)
The scene: London, 1971....Terry Leather (Jason Statham) is a small-time used-car dealer who seems to live on the ragged edge of the law. When an old neighborhood girlfriend approaches Terry with plans for a (supposedly) low-risk bank heist, he decides to do it, and assembles a ragtag crew of friends and acquaintances. Despite the long odds, they manage to get into the vault where all the safe-deposit boxes are, and begin cracking those boxes open. They find far more than they had bargained for, and must face new challenges at every turn.
Good film, very entertaining.
I have this on DVD and also watched it via Netflix. Zero disrespect to the Transporter series and other similar output from Statham, it actually felt good to see him being allowed to bring more depth to a role beyond high-speed driving, hand-to-hand combat, and (admittedly cool) stunts. I think I've watched this film three or so times already and it proved enjoyable with each viewing.

I have this on DVD and also watched it via Netflix. Zero disrespect to the Transporter series and other similar output from Statham, it actually felt good to see him being allowed to bring more depth to a role beyond high-speed driving, hand-to-hand combat, and (admittedly cool) stunts. I think I've watched this film three or so times already and it proved enjoyable with each viewing.

Agree 100%....good to see Statham stretching beyond those stereotypical roles. I also like him in "Snatch", another awesome film which also stars Dennis Farina, Brad Pitt, Vinnie Jones, and more.

Just took the grand-kids to see the new Jumanji. I loved it. I can't remember laughing at anything this much lately. Don't try to analyze it, just enjoy the ride. It was great fun.

Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart are a perfect comedy team. Jack Black was a hoot. And, I would watch anything where Karen Gillan prances around in hot pants. The ending was uber corny but it was a fun ride. I don't regret seeing it and I might even buy it.

jumanji 2017.jpg

Agree 100%....good to see Statham stretching beyond those stereotypical roles. I also like him in "Snatch", another awesome film which also stars Dennis Farina, Brad Pitt, Vinnie Jones, and more.
Snatch is one of my favorites. One of the few characters that doesn't fight in the film and also a great narrator.

"Blade Runner 2049". I wish I had re-watched the original first, but I still enjoyed it. 2 1/2 hours is a bit long.

And a WRX!

Back
Top Bottom