20180101_222814.jpg

Stereo:
Emotiva XSP-1 Gen2 reference differential preamp
Emotiva Bas-X 300 2 x 150W (8ohm) amplifier
Marantz CD6006 (up for sale)
Marantz NA6005
Marantz UD7007 (output via balanced)
Philips FP930 TT, made by Dual w/ AT95E cart
Wharfedale Jade 3 (moving to rear, as I have a pair of Jade 7s and a Jade C1 incoming this month)

Multi ch:
Marantz SR5011 (will go Emotiva pre-pro soon)
JMLab Cobalt CC20 centre (up for sale)
JMLab Opal 607 rears (up for sale)
2 x Infinity Infinitesimal Servo Sub (10")
Same Marantz UD7007 for BD
Xbox One X w/ Elite controller

All QED Reference cables
Samson Powerbrite power distribution unit
Philips 55pus6562 4k tv w/ Ambilight and 5 Philips Hue bulbs
Synology DS218 NAS with 2 4TB Seagate Barracuda drives
Mission Stancette stands

Will look forward to your impressions of the Jade 7s when they arrive.
They've been on my radar for awhile now. Looking good BTW.

Looks great! I bet it sounds great too!
It does! And this pre changed my life, I would recommend it to anybody, in a heartbeat.
Also, the big Jades, I cannot wait :)

I think they could use cleaner power, but for a budget owner, the a300 is fine too

Will look forward to your impressions of the Jade 7s when they arrive.
They've been on my radar for awhile now. Looking good BTW.

Thanks! :)

I will definitely update this, and you can also pm me if you want.

I cannot wait to hear the 7s...

But mind you, the 3s are a force to be reckoned with, they are a surprisingly full-sounding for a "bookshelf". And they are beautiful.

Peace!

How do you like the Jade's? What have you compared them with?

:rockon::rockon:
Whoa, this will get me started, so here goes:

Speakers I have had, in order of purchase:

Technics SB-CD320
Pioneer HPM-700
Some number-denominated Magnats (junk)
Infinity Reference 60
Infinity Kappa 70
Canton Ergo SC-L
These Jade 3s (stayed)
Focal Opal 607
Focal Cobalt 815

As you can see, apart from the Ergos, I have never really had high-end speakers, but the gap between what I have heard and the Jades is HUGE.
It has been a battle of switching gear around, as my system was always lacking pure amplification (even now I drive a budget power amp, the Emotiva Bas-X 300).
I have switched tens of mid-range amps and AVRs around, but now with the preamp mentioned (Emotiva XSP-1 Gen2), the Jades SHINE.

I like my music flat, I run all pure directs (even Audyssey in my SR5011 is set to L/R bypass).
The Jades I bought second hand for 500 euros (!), and did NO listening test (wanted to get rid of the Canton Ergos, they sounded AWFUL to me, sold them, and stayed without front speakers for two weeks until I found the Jades!).

In the meantime, I have heard Kef Uni-Qs bookshelves, Elac Uni-Fi bookshelves, Elac BS 6, Magnat Quantums and some vintage Quadrals with magnetic planar mids and highs, and nothing got me more. I would never swap the Jades, at least not to what I have heard, and not without spending 50k immediately :)

Right now I am spinning Peter Hammill's The Silent Corner and the Empty Stage, and he's playing and singing directly in my brain. It truly is breathtaking, and it is a mere redbook.
Many times I have spun the DVD-A of Gentle Giant's The Power and the Glory - Steven Wilson Remix in 24/96 stereo, and the song Aspirations brings literal tears to my eyes everytime!

Cheers
Andrei

Great stuff Andrei.
Any way to put the turntable on a shelf (similar to the center channel speaker above the TV) maybe on the left above the gear? This would help reduce any floor vibrations through the TT and allow you to put that center channel speaker down below the TV. Just an observation and curiosity on my part.

Great stuff Andrei.
Any way to put the turntable on a shelf (similar to the center channel speaker above the TV) maybe on the left above the gear? This would help reduce any floor vibrations through the TT and allow you to put that center channel speaker down below the TV. Just an observation and curiosity on my part.
That is an EXCELLENT point, I will do this as soon as the center arrives. I was thinking how to do the setup, since the center, albeit pointed at my head at the listening position (rear is lifted with silicone pellets), I think it would like a more natural orientation.

Since you have opened the subject:
The TT however sound really disappointingly for now, and I really do not know what to do in this respect.
The AT95E was new when I installed it, and I only have new vinyls, mostly 180g.
Low-end is just not there, and highs are melting in mids.
I have the tracking correctly set up, at 2g, and anti-skate is also correct.

I really wanted to get the TT15S1 from Marantz, but spending 1.5k on something which will still disappoint is a no-no for me.
I was hoping that the phono stage in the Emotiva would fix my problem, but hey, redbook kills my vinyls by a long-shot (luckily I own 800+ redbooks and only about 100 vinyls, so I am not getting bored)

Thanks again!
Andrei

I have the TT15S1 and it is not a disappointment at all :D

It is just a Marantz version of a Clearaudio table is all.

Even when comparing it to DSD (Or if that's too much, just, say, FLAC 44.1/16) through the Teac?

Andrei

Post something about the turntable sound specifically over in the turntable section. Others with that cart and stylus can help. Seems like it should sound pretty good. You might need dial in more of your set-up with overhang, alignment etc.

Compared to the other TT's I have.

It was good to hear your idea on the speakers. I have heard the Jade 5's, which I thought were great for the coin. I would love to hear the standmounts.

I can't wait to see what your new space will be when you get the new house up.
Thank you, friend.
I will be sure to post it as soon as it is up. Also, I will post the update as soon as I get the Jade 7s and C1, and I hope to get a better AVR until then, and maybe a better amp (looking at you, Emotiva XPA modular)

All the best!
Andrei

Excellent choices. I love seeing modern systems posted. Looks like the place to be for a superbowl party.
Actually, we do not watch Superbowl here in Romania, but I can guarantee that a Blizzcon on this system sounds and looks pristine :)

Thanks for the appreciation!

Cheers
Andrei

Back
Top Bottom