31.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 1
R-583489-1464670448-2338.jpeg.jpg
Remember you turned me on to this about a year ago, May be a bit less. Always in rotation, Also one of the quietest records I own. My fav GE record.

Welcome jailtime to the thread.

Well, back from a long afternoon's trip to the "mainland," Lowes, Home Depot, bank deposit, mail deposit, dinner, and Walmart.

Back home, and after we feed the rest, time for an evening of music for the first of the year and the last of vacation for awhile.

In the meantime, a framed Nipper. Total cost, slightly under $10.00.

View attachment 1079501

GJ

Very cool. Look good in music room.

Cool. Just found my DVD rip of Seiji Ozawa's Carmina Burana plays on Foobar2000 without any fooling around having to hook up video. I did it so long ago, I can't even remember how I ripped it.

This is my favourite version of the piece, although I can tell right away that the reason for this is the attached visuals. In the absence of being able to see what's going on, I'm going with the Riccardo Muti version that I played recently. I know nothing about measuring dynamic range, or anything else in the numbers game, but I would be surprised if this recording approaches Muti's version in any way at all.

That said, if you want a marvellous audiovisual experience, find the Philips DVD. It really is spectacular, and your door prize is a recording of Beethoven's 9th Symphony on the same disk.

Charles Dutoit, Orchestre symphonique de Montréal* ‎– Berlioz - Symphonie Fantastique

Label:
Decca ‎– 414 203-1
Format:
Vinyl, LP
UK
Released:
Genre:
Classical
Style:
Romantic

View attachment 1079592

Looks good, Stevo. Hope the vinyl is in the same condition as the sleeve.

Symphonie Fantastique is one of my favourites, and has an interesting backstory. Berlioz was pretty well unique in his time in his realization that use of opiates and cocaine were not marks of normal behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom