Average Price Of Interconnects In Your Main System

How Much Did You Spend On Average For The Interconnects In Your Main System?

• $0 - $10

Votes: 155 31.3%
  • $10 - $35

Votes: 132 26.7%
  • $35 - $60

Votes: 69 13.9%
  • $60 - $100

Votes: 40 8.1%
  • $100 - $300

Votes: 63 12.7%
  • $300 - $600

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • $600 - $1000

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • $1000 and Up

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
All I ever did was ask/request for a break on the purchases..

Generally a mac dealer needs to hold to the MSRP so they don't under cut other licensed dealers in the area, kinda a rule here. But that said it doesn't stop them from giving gifts for you to shop and spend your money there instead of the other guy.

Generally a mac dealer needs to hold to the MSRP so they don't under cut other licensed dealers in the area, kinda a rule here. But that said it doesn't stop them from giving gifts for you to shop and spend your money there instead of the other guy.

Yep, that`s true 4-2-7, but when I`m getting ready to drop some serious coin, my dealer(the only one within 80 miles) has given me consideration when I requested, on Mac, ect. purchases..
I didn`t do it all the time, just when I was getting ready for spending in the several 10`s of thousand`s of dollar`s outlay, and being a dedicated exclusive customer to his store since 1987, the owner would work with me when I requested a reasonable break, that I let him dictate..
I didn`t go around bragging about it to my friends/repair customers, so it never caused him any issues..

I've got lots of very cheap cables. Have a couple of quality cables, have been trying to buy some affordable quality cables secondhand when they arise. I find the improvements worthwhile, but don't want to go overboard.

Don't recall exact prices, but they're all Nordost, circa 2003-4, and they sure weren't cheap. But they sound nice.

Average? $10 to $12 per pair I'd say. I'm a vintage guy and fancy ultra-tight RCA's could pull off a connector so I stick with acceptable-quality interconnects. The few DIN's I have cost a little more I guess.

I think my cost average is around $4 for the Cardas and Audioquest cables in my main system. The Cardas were found at Estate Sale for $5 each and AQ’s were a Goodwill find at $3. I think there is a Monster Co-Ax cable in there that cost me 99 cents at GW as well. :D

I have mainly Blue Jeans Cable wiring in my system. In the future I need to do some experimenting with other cable choices.

Back
Top Bottom