Songs that REQUIRE full volume.

I don't either. Must hang onto what's left after all these decades of abuse!
It couldn't have better stated any better. As I've stated in more than one thread, I ground that shit to an absolute halt circa the end of 2015/beginning of 2016. I still enjoyed 90% of the posted videos at comfortable, bass-filled 57 dB.

It couldn't have better stated any better. As I've stated in more than one thread, I ground that shit to an absolute halt circa the end of 2015/beginning of 2016. I still enjoyed 90% of the posted videos at comfortable, bass-filled 57 dB.
It helps that my music tastes has changed too.
This level suits me fine with loudness switch on.
SmartSelectImage_2018-01-02-20-34-09.jpg

Thin Lizzy - Cowboy Song
Genesis - Los Endos
BOC - ME262 (live)
Lou Reed - White Light White Heat (live)
Deep Purple- Lazy (live)

I will generally defer listening to these songs until they can be heard at appropriate volume.

This level suits me fine with loudness switch on.
View attachment 1080296
Ditto... 10 times over. 75 dB is the exact volume level that I spend the vast majority of time listening to music during the day when I'm not sitting directly in front of the plane of my speakers. It's just loud enough to playback deep, taut audible bass, flesh out the remainder of instruments in a track, and fill my listening space with clear, present vocals. Repeated (and admittedly stupid...) trips to my E.N.T. and sporadic waves of anxiety prompted by fears of self-induced hearing loss went up in smoke when I began to force myself to listen to music between 49 and 75 dB (measured, not guessed) without fail. Every now and then I'll let loose and push it to an absolute max of 85 dB so as to listen to classical music albums (due to dynamic range).

Ditto... 10 times over. 75 dB is the exact volume level that I spend the vast majority of time listening to music during the day when I'm not sitting directly in front of the plane of my speakers. It's just loud enough to playback deep, taut audible bass, flesh out the remainder of instruments in a track, and fill my listening space with clear, present vocals. Repeated (and admittedly stupid...) trips to my E.N.T. and sporadic waves of anxiety prompted by fears of self-induced hearing loss went up in smoke when I began to force myself to listen to music between 49 and 75 dB (measured, not guessed) without fail. Every now and then I'll let loose and push it to an absolute max of 85 dB so as to listen to classical music albums (due to dynamic range).
Yes, 85 is about tops for me these days as well and then only for a track or 2. still plan on music being in my life for many more years!

Also,

Copland - Fanfare for the common man

Telarc

Make sure your amp has control of your woofers!

The guitar and bass driven groove on this track provides the listener with quite the feel-good vibe. I didn't pay attention to this band beyond this single. After hearing it in full, I'm going to have to look into their discography.

Back
Top Bottom