Rick Hall of Muscle Shoals has passed away

Dang, losing a bunch of them right now. I remember a juke box in the pool hall of a very small town in Eastern North Carolina that used to blare all those old R&B songs late into the night. My mother hated it but that's a lasting impression on a young, budding musician back in the 60s. I ended up playing in show bands doing all the Motown and Stax hits all night to appreciative dancers.

Cheers,

David

Dang, losing a bunch of them right now. I remember a juke box in the pool hall of a very small town in Eastern North Carolina that used to blare all those old R&B songs late into the night. My mother hated it but that's a lasting impression on a young, budding musician back in the 60s. I ended up playing in show bands doing all the Motown and Stax hits all night to appreciative dancers.

Cheers,

David
May I ask which small town in Eastern NC? My family's from Franklin Co.

And yes, another great figure is lost. RIP Mr. Hall

Yes, a sad loss. Rick Hall recorded one heck of a lot of hits in various genres. and Fame Studios and Fame Records are a key architect in the Southern Soul genre and Muscle Shoals sound. R.I.P. Rick Hall, your legacy is wide, vast, and will live on for all with ears to hear, you made the world sound great.

Sorry to hear this, RIP Rick.

Muscle Shoals has got the swampers, they've been known for a song or two (just a few)...

Yes, sad to hear. I've watched the "Muscle Shoals" Documentary numerous times, he sure had a difficult past.

Back
Top Bottom