Lafayette schematic question

teal'c

Nuclear Cardiac Parent
Screenshot from 2018-01-01 13-41-03.png
That T after the capacitor voltage rating for C101 and C106, is that supposed to designate a tantalum cap?
Because they aren't. At least not all. C106 is a electrolytic.
This schematic is for a Lafayette LR-310a and I have a LR-310, possibly a change made between years maybe.

There may be a legend somewhere on the schematic with the type of caps used. Sansui did this a lot with their earlier S.S receivers and tube receivers Look for a multi column legend on one of the sides, bottom or some larger open space in the schematic.

the only laf. SCM I still have is from my old LR1500 TA which just sold, and it was from SAMS and has no such tomfoolery on it...let me ask this, for the truly big stuff in the amp section....whats it say there?

There may be a legend somewhere on the schematic with the type of caps used. Sansui did this a lot with their earlier S.S receivers and tube receivers Look for a multi column legend on one of the sides, bottom or some larger open space in the schematic.
Nope. Semi conductor pin out only.
the only laf. SCM I still have is from my old LR1500 TA which just sold, and it was from SAMS and has no such tomfoolery on it...let me ask this, for the truly big stuff in the amp section....whats it say there?
There's no T label on the amp caps , but there are 10u 16v caps that are labeled T on the schematic but some are electrolytics. No idea what you consider large.

Last edited:
It's ok to use an electrolytic cap to replace tantalums. I personally remove everyone I find in older gear and replace with electrolytics or use film caps for smaller values. Lots of better modern low ESR electrolytics made to replace the old tantalums.

Back
Top Bottom