Audire Parlando

Jeff M

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I just got/bought an Audire Parlando, but have to wait til it gets here :tears:. I never had any Audire gear and it is fairly limited on what I could find about the Parlando. I will be driving ESL's. Any AK'ers familiar with this massive class A?

So you are the one who grabbed it :) Let us know your impressions when you get it. May your amp have safe travels.

Audire is good stuff i rate Julius (designer) very highly much better than Bryston of said vintage to give you an idea ...

Where did you find the Parlando ....?

Any AK'ers familiar with this massive class A?

Yes, but you already know that I'm the caretaker of the Parlando's fraternal Twin the Audire Otez, as well as a few other units from Audire.

I'm looking forward to some pics of your Parlando once it arrives and gets set up in your system.

I was waiting for the delivery pic,s also, would have gone well with the morning
coffee.

Sorry for not posting pics, but I will take some. Arrived extremely well packed and in pristine shape! I spent a few days with it and love everything about it. At 1st, I thought it sounded good, but just okay. After about an hour of warming up, it really came to life! It sounds similar to a tube amp, but with authority in spades. I thought the CJ 2500A was good, but this is way ahead IMHO. Not terribly hot either. I had Monarchy monos before and they got hotter. This Parlando runs about 115-120 degrees at the heatsinks.

I was waiting for the delivery pic,s also, would have gone well with the morning
coffee.

Looks like we might have re-schedule the viewing until Dessert time tonight if we're lucky ... for making us wait Jeff, we need lots of pics please and a few Nudies under the hood too.

Yes, but you already know that I'm the caretaker of the Parlando's fraternal Twin the Audire Otez, as well as a few other units from Audire.

I'm looking forward to some pics of your Parlando once it arrives and gets set up in your system.
Hi. I know your post is a little older. I'm wondering if you know where I might find a schematic for an Audire model 2. THx

Wow, tidy inside.

Same as the Otez internally. I have pics floating around here somewhere on AK of one sitting next to a McIntosh MC500.

Hi. I know your post is a little older. I'm wondering if you know where I might find a schematic for an Audire model 2. THx

Sadly the only person with any Schematics is Julius Siksnius. Someone is supposed to be working on an Audire resource website but I haven't heard or seen any progress on that.

I am in the market for an Audire Parlando. LMK if you have one for sale?
Thanks,
I was after one for a bit but opted to pass on last few I've come across. I think the OTEZ and Aragon Palladium Mono amps will suffice for me. The Otez as Julius Siksnius explained in some old literature I came across before someone starting blocking the Audire archives is the "best of both worlds". It's class A all the way up to the output so you're getting the sonic character of Class A with power output and heat dissipation of A/B .

I want a Parlando largely because I have a friend who Julius made a version using ring-emitter transistors. I specifically want that version. Who knows it may be just good enough as a stock Parlando. My friends amp is quite nice though.

I was after one for a bit but opted to pass on last few I've come across. I think the OTEZ and Aragon Palladium Mono amps will suffice for me. The Otez as Julius Siksnius explained in some old literature I came across before someone starting blocking the Audire archives is the "best of both worlds". It's class A all the way up to the output so you're getting the sonic character of Class A with power output and heat dissipation of A/B .

The Otez is A/AB so class -a for the first few watts , i have to measure the quiescent draw to see how much , BTW, the Parlando is the one biased to class-A to full output at 8 ohm only, this is only possible at 8 ohm , in 4 ohm it's half ...

regards .

I want a Parlando largely because I have a friend who Julius made a version using ring-emitter transistors. I specifically want that version. Who knows it may be just good enough as a stock Parlando. My friends amp is quite nice though.

Thanks for the info , did this one have a soft start ....?

Back
Top Bottom