Pics of your listening space

Office space.

25523429058_cddf077db5_b.jpg

Decided to change things up a bit again... Just reinstated my old Genesis Physics II's with the custom cascade bypass crossovers I built for them about 7 years ago. Damn these speakers sound good... Really good! At some point the dust cap fell off of the passive radiator and I don't know where it went. I plan on replacing the PR's with new ones from Human Speakers. No biggie right now. They just look a little funky.

And my first time running these modded Carver M-500t amps bridged. They're probably running upwards of 800 watts (500 watts stock). Definitely not needed for these speakers, but I refuse to run only one amp and re-wire the system. It can all be configured through the dbx Venu 360, other than the actual cable connection at the speaker terminals on the back of the amps.

Anyway, a few pics...

p2698822631-5.jpg

p2698965718-5.jpg

p2698965720-5.jpg

p2698965717-5.jpg

Decided to change things up a bit again... Just reinstated my old Genesis Physics II's with the custom cascade bypass crossovers I built for them about 7 years ago. Damn these speakers sound good... Really good! At some point the dust cap fell off of the passive radiator and I don't know where it went. I plan on replacing the PR's with new ones from Human Speakers. No biggie right now. They just look a little funky.

And my first time running these modded Carver M-500t amps bridged. They're probably running upwards of 800 watts (500 watts stock). Definitely not needed for these speakers, but I refuse to run only one amp and re-wire the system. It can all be configured through the dbx Venu 360, other than the actual cable connection at the speaker terminals on the back of the amps.

Anyway, a few pics...

p2698822631-5.jpg

p2698965718-5.jpg

p2698965720-5.jpg

p2698965717-5.jpg
Very nice looking set up. I love the cat!

this is our current setup, a mostly all tube system.
All the tube gear is from our range of custom tube audio gear we hand built to order.
Top shelve, left to right:
Model Aretha tone control preamp, model Elvis KT88 60W/CH stereo power amp, U-Turn turntable, Revox PR99 MKII fully restored and customized;
Middle shelve left to right:
Revox FM tuner, model Janis phono preamp, model Billie headphone amp;
Bottom shelve left to right:
Model Hexagon source selector, Sony 5 disc CD player;
Speakers are Vandersteen 2Ci's
This really is an excellent sounding system, the Vandersteens do really like being driven by the Elvis tube power amp.
Alas, the wine bottles on the right are not tube....:biggrin:, but taste good!!:thumbsup:

O8lvWS.jpg

All the tube gear is from our range of custom tube audio gear we hand built to order.
Model Aretha tone control preamp, model Elvis KT88 60W/CH stereo power amp, U-Turn turntable, Revox PR99 MKII fully restored and customized;
This really is an excellent sounding system, the Vandersteens do really like being driven by the Elvis tube power amp.
Alas, the wine bottles on the right are not tube....:biggrin:, but taste good!!:thumbsup:

O8lvWS.jpg
nice! Do you build custom SET amps?

O8lvWS.jpg

Nice. Try to pull the Vandersteens at least 18" from the wall. As you might know, they are very picky about setup...but when you get them right they are fantastic.

Most recent update...

Things are always moving around here. Current system is incredibly simple.
Sources: AppleTV to Pioneer DPR-609 being used as a DAC, OR Bluesound Node playing TIDAL
Power: Bogen DB230A integrated, restored by @LexDM3
Speakers: Holt Hill Audio Cionnsaile Monitors on matching stands

27099328059_e1d72af6d4_b.jpg

38160818724_313f4eb64f_b.jpg

25222061508_6a6f640e7f_b.jpg

How are you liking those speakers? Pretty impressive specs on those.

Back
Top Bottom