Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Vintage Modified '51

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Vintage Modified Jazzmaster

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Vintage Modified Tele Special w/ Jazzmaster neck pup and neck

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
That first video sure had some Danny Gatton style influences, I dig it, great job!!
Thanks so much man! Danny was quite the player so to me that is a huge compliment. So sad that he had to deal with demons and take his own life.

Nice Tele and Silverface Fenders @JParry335! I ended up getting a Squier Vintage Modified Thinline Tele in Black for cheap! It is an unusual Tele in that it has a 24.75 scale length but it sure is fun to play! I haven't modded anything but I also plan to shield the body and possibly change pots and switch. Now I'm on the hunt for a Vintage Modified Jazzmaster.

My main amp is a little 1976 Fender Princeton non reverb and it's great!
I'll bet that thinline is a sweet guitar! That Princeton is a great amp too. You've got a really nice combo there!

Another Squire in the house.

I like my new CV Tele so much that I decided to try a CV 50s Strat. I read a lot of reviews and watched some vids comparing it to the Mexican Strat and a lot of folks felt the the Squier was superior, especially in build consistency. And it has nice Fender pickups too. Toneriders I think. I got lucky and found a real nice used one with a sunburst finish at a local used gear shop.
001.JPG

I made the suitcase amp just for fun. The grill cloth came from an old KLH speaker. I put an Eminence Ragin Cajun it. I made the amp from an old classroom record player, based on a Gibson circuit, maybe a Kalamazoo.

I bet the old suitcase could tell some stories. It looks like it has some miles on it.

002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

Last edited:
Newcomb amp, looks similar to the M-9/M-12.
Did you rewire the 6AV6 to a 12AX7 or did it come with a two stage pre?
The 6AV6 doesn't have much gain but I use mine with a Korg Pandora headphone amp so for me it's fine as is.
You can really hear a huge difference between different brands of EL-84's though.
I'd still like to turn it into a bonafide guitar amp,
one of these years.:rolleyes:

I thinks it's a Newcomb AV-10 chassis. I'm pretty sure it originally used a 12ax7 because it was an easy conversion. The amp breaks up a bit early so I use a 5751 or 12ay7 to give it a bit more clean headroom. Pretty nice sounding for what it is.

Last edited:
@JohnMac

Nice! Love the vibro champ too! I used to have one but traded for a Fender Blues Jr about 10 years ago. I have come full circle now though and play through a Silverface Princeton!

I tried all the teles in the shop and went back for the Affinity. Without even looking at the price it was my favourite.

20180115_223715.jpg

My new to me Fender Deluxe 1x12 cab w/ Eminence Red Coat Wizard speaker. Running the Princeton through it sounds pretty awesome!

Yet another Squier. I was looking for a cheap project and picked up a Squier SE (Special Edition). This model has a full sized Fender spec body, making it more conducive to modding with Fender parts. It came with a Strat Pack, that included a cheap amp and accessories and was only produced for a few years, ending in 2013. Nice fender spec neck too with a nice slab fretboard. I think it sits between the Affinity and the Squier Standard, some say better than the Standard.

So far I'm pretty happy with it and I think it's a worthy of putting some effort into upgrading. I've ordered pots and a switch to start with. Pickups are so-so so they'll probably be replaced as well as the tremolo block. We'll see how the tuners behave.

The only way to identify this model is by the lettering on the headstock. Squier Strat - Fender. No other ID.

011.JPG 010.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom