What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Nine Inch Nails ~ Pretty Hate Machine

Give my newly restored Marantz 4400 a workout.

220px-Nine_Inch_Nails_-_Pretty_Hate_Machine.png

Say hello to my little friend.....Phase Linear DRS 900, 150 wpc!
index.php

$1095 new in 1982. Roughly $2800 today.
DRS 900 Amplifier
drs900_2.jpg

The DRS 900 Power Amplifier had a low rail rating of 150 watts and a high rail rating of 450 wattsl. The massive appearance of previous high output Phase Linear amps was gone, replaced by a lower profile that still weighed 38 pounds. The LEDs were laid out diagonally for each channel, from lower left to upper right. The DRS 900 had a list price of $1095.00.

$1095 new in 1982. Roughly $2800 today.
DRS 900 Amplifier
drs900_2.jpg

The DRS 900 Power Amplifier had a low rail rating of 150 watts and a high rail rating of 450 wattsl. The massive appearance of previous high output Phase Linear amps was gone, replaced by a lower profile that still weighed 38 pounds. The LEDs were laid out diagonally for each channel, from lower left to upper right. The DRS 900 had a list price of $1095.00.

Thar she blows....I could weld with this thing! Carver knew what he was doing, an amazing amp IMO.

NONSUCH--XTC

I just finished watching XTC POP on Showtime thanks to FOH's heads up. Some very interesting admirers of the band, including Steven Wilson, added comments concerning XTC's music. The best way I can describe my love for the band is the following. If I'm having a discussion with someone concerning rock/pop music and I mention XTC and the other person declares he doesn't like XTC's music, I would simply end the discussion and walk away. Not going to waste my time with this person.
Anyway, NONSUCH, like pretty much all their recordings, including aka DUKES OF THE STRATOSPHERE, is pop of the highest caliber. And as Andy Partridge so immodestly stated in the docu, XTC's growth of greatness was similar to that 'other band.'

1992 on GEFFEN

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom