Luxman C1010 Recap

CohibaJoe

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Another Winter Project...Took 2 months to complete the deal..Just got in C1010 and T-110. The C1010 will be used with M-2000. Current Pre-Amp Luxman C-02.

Going to Recap the C1010 as I have a T-110 used on L-100U. The 2nd T-110 will not be used at
this time. I am going to use the T-310 which sounds Very Sweet.

Parts are in and going to start this next week ( working on Marantz 7T).

LuxmanC1010a.png

LuxmanC1010b.png

So for this Pre-Amp....Parts list:

PB-1026: Emitter, Flat Amp, Filters
2SC1345(E) - KSC1845FTA
2SA836(E) - KSA992FBU
VD-1221 - 1N4148 pair in series
4.7uf/50V Tantalum - Nichicon KL
4700uf/50v - EPCOS B41456 6800uf/63V
3300uf/35V - Nichicon KG 4700uf/50V
Caps - ELNA SILMIC II

For the Tantalum...I do use Nichicon KL...but I'm thinking on using WIMA MKS2

PB-1029: Power Supply Board
2SC1345(E) - KSC1845FTA
2SA836(E) - KSA992FBU
Caps - Nichicon PW

PB-1027: RIAA Equalizer
2SC1345(E) - KSC1845FTA
2SA836(E) - KSA992FBU
Caps - ELNA SILMIC II
Films - Staying with Original

RCA Output - .22uf/400V Russian K40y-9 Paper-In-Oil Capacitor

Parts have been ordered.

Last edited:
PB-1027: RIAA Equalizer

Completed

Now I was going to use WIMA MKP4 Films. Had 1 side in and removed them.
The Originals are Cleaner and Detailed. Now the WIMA's do need 100+ Hrs to break in so I am going to
put these into another unit to put some Hrs on the WIMA's.

LuxmanC1010a.png

Last edited:
Yes, it has been said the green ones are ok and since they don't generally degrade don't have to be replaced. Interested in your comparison after the burn in so I'll check back.

Main Caps installed: EPCOS B41456 6800uf/63V

This also makes a difference...Nice deep bass and clean as apposed to smeared sound.

Going to start the Tone Controls...Once this is done need around 50hrs for the SILMIC II to open up. The Main board
will be last.

LuxmanC1010c.png LuxmanC1010d.png

PB-1026

Caps have been replaced. This will be on for 50hrs for SILMIC II to Open up. Last will be the Transistors and Diodes on the Filter Section.
This is really sounding Very Strong in the Bass and Top End. Cannot wait to hook this up with the M-2000. The C-02 is very Neutral at this point.

LuxmanC1010e.png

Completed...The Wall of Luxman.

Will be running this with M-2000, T310 Tuner (Sounds fuller then T110), D-105U and Pioneer PL-630. Will update Monday.

Need to get back on Marantz 7T Recap since the Films finally came in.
LuxmanC1010g.png

Which do you prefer silver on the pre or silver with black knobs on the amp, vole and selector?

Ah-ha so you like the all silver knobs better.

Actually I was asking re: the L-100 vs the C1010. My C-1000 has the all silver knob with a touch spot for the mute on the faceplate. Touching the volume knob cancels the touch-mute. On the L-100 the mute is activated by touching the center portion of the black rimmed knob and it is turned off touching the rim of the knob.

I find it interesting that there are these two types of operation as well as what appears to be a random use of one set of knobs vs the other when the Touch Mute was not part of the equation. When TM was involved the knobs used were based on the faceplate, whether it had the touch pad installed. Guess I should have said integrated amp above or mentioned the L-100.

Ah-ha so you like the all silver knobs better.

Actually I was asking re: the L-100 vs the C1010. My C-1000 has the all silver knob with a touch spot for the mute on the faceplate. Touching the volume knob cancels the touch-mute. On the L-100 the mute is activated by touching the center portion of the black rimmed knob and it is turned off touching the rim of the knob.

I find it interesting that there are these two types of operation as well as what appears to be a random use of one set of knobs vs the other when the Touch Mute was not part of the equation. When TM was involved the knobs used were based on the faceplate, whether it had the touch pad installed. Guess I should have said integrated amp above or mentioned the L-100.
Ha Ha...It was a 3AM reply or maybe the solder fumes caught up to me...The C-1010 does not have the Touch mute. On the L-100 I have this off. I find the Touch spot to sensitive and if adjusting the volume sometimes I will Mute the L-100.

i have often wondered how the l-100 compare to the c-1000/m-2000 combo sound quality wise - as you have both maybe you could enlighten me to the similarities- differences between the two setups - if you dont mind the sidestep from your thread?

regards
paul

i have often wondered how the l-100 compare to the c-1000/m-2000 combo sound quality wise - as you have both maybe you could enlighten me to the similarities- differences between the two setups - if you dont mind the sidestep from your thread?

regards
paul
I will start a New Thread. I do have the gear connected to the same speakers. Will replace the T-310 with 2nd T-110.

I will look forward to that with great interest - such comparisons are difficult to come by - and almost impossible to make on your own, short of buying the amps .

i am a long time appreciator of Luxman , its actually the only manufactors i have own amps by;
sq-503 sq-505 sq-507x l-507 and a pair of l-100`s
owning the sq-507x since 1978 and the others picked up over the years.

i have tried other amps out several times over the years but have never really been tempted by them neither soundwise or aesthetically

but i have, over the years often been tempted to try out the c1000/1010 and matching m- series wondering how big a step up in sq they would offer.

paul

Ha. Those are the units I sold to you CohibaJoe. I am glad that they seem to have found a good home, and I hope that they arrived safely.

-mark

Back
Top Bottom