Vinyl only spin list

New find.
s/t - John Prine
BBB, Piros x 2, B'Way address.
hUEPU6t.jpg

Yes! As do Doug and the Slugs. Both Webb and Doug Bennett (RIP) could write great party songs with a twist. Doug was more erudite, Webb's universe is quite unique. Kinda like Tom Waits on a party ride with ZZ Top, with Howlin' Wolf in the back seat.
I saw Doug and the Slugs back in 1980 or so. They put on an entertaining show. I bought the T shirt for 10 Big Ones which I would wear now except it shrank in the wash :beatnik:

I saw Doug and the Slugs back in 1980 or so. They put on an entertaining show. I bought the T shirt for 10 Big Ones which I would wear now except it shrank in the wash :beatnik:
Back in the early 80's my band (Johnny Just) backed up Doug and the Slugs at Sneakers Cabaret in Langley BC. What a great bunch of guys in the band and the sound and light guys were awesome. It was one of the highlights of my music career. My girlfriend at the time sure didn't approve of the cute red head groupie that chased me for the rest of that night. ;)

Back in the early 80's my band (Johnny Just) backed up Doug and the Slugs at Sneakers Cabaret in Langley BC. What a great bunch of guys in the band and the sound and light guys were awesome. It was one of the highlights of my music career. My girlfriend at the time sure didn't approve of the cute red head groupie that chased me for the rest of that night. ;)
Hah! Great story. Wish I could have seen them live. My understanding is Doug was pretty hard to keep up with. Funny how big they were up north, barely made a splash down here.

Back
Top Bottom