Post a pic of your Electronics Bench

This is my work room, it's in the storage room but beats in the garage.

View attachment 1088570

Small parts bin in the room:

View attachment 1088572

Tube parts and excess capacitors etc. in the garage:

View attachment 1088571

Don't have a lot of equipment and don't have room for more equipment. Have to cycle test equipment depending on the work I do. I have the Quant Asylum analyzer ( like a spectrum analyzer) inside the draw to the left of the first picture to run THD test. It display on the laptop.

Alan0354: Love your shop!

LOL.. I wish I could say that I wasn't kidding.... I have a '50's black and white Philips television set that I'd like to get running again however techs around these parts are like unicorns or a real cyclops..... RARE... uggg

I'm with you. Half the time I'm on this forum I feel like I'm reading about turbo encabulators.

The best video ever on complex engineering......

I've had the flu for over a week, and a kidney stone prior to that, so I haven't been down to the lab in several weeks. Here's what neglect looks like. The left end of the bench is component measurement. Note the giant stack of plastic boxes from sliced cold cuts. I use one of those to contain every project. Right end is where I work. The scopes and curve tracer are behind a Scott CD player I can't fix, just like most every other CD player I own. The parts on the wall are, well, parts on the wall. The little roll-around is the lab sound system, Marantz CD, Yamaha T-85 tuner and a couple Crown amps. The back corner is where the resistance boxes, spare meters and Kelvin-Varley dividers live. I think there's a place to stand, but not for more than one.
View attachment 1085922 View attachment 1085923 View attachment 1085924 View attachment 1085925 View attachment 1085926 View attachment 1085927
Looks like a place where work gets done...

:biggrin:
OCD is a strange animal... My work bench looks like a grenade wrapped in 20 spools of solder was tossed at it, but I just put some tater-tots in the oven for my kids and my wife shook her head at my arrangement... They looked like little sailors, soldiers and rowlocks (uncle was a mason) in alternating rows.

"What?" I say " if there is an even amount of space (+/- 1/8" tolerance ) between each tot, they are more evenly baked"...

:crazy: and PROUD
I survived the 70's. I'm pretty evenly baked. :biggrin:

Lot of history behind that rug. Anyways, always surprised that no-one comments on the calibrated Triplett 3444 donated to the bench collection a few years ago. Once I get to retirement, not to far in the future these days I intend to spend a lot more time in the tube era where that piece of gear will come in quite handy.
-Lee

Yes sir, still works just fine although the ST1000a is my go to fm generator replacing it and the sg165. Each still has its uses though.

Back
Top Bottom