New York Tri-state area

Well, we have a meet scheduled for Sept 16th at Blue Mtn. Lodge in Peekskill. First time at this location. This is piggy backing from the meet last year in NJ. The thread is in Events and Happenings. NY Metro Get together.

The metro area is so large, it's difficult to establish a regular meet spot. Meets involve demoing, buying and selling gear and related. If the Blue Mountain Lodge proves to be a good location, we can try to make it a regular meet spot, maybe twice a year?

Guys, I work in a large building in Times Square that has ample space to host us on a weekend. Not a full-on AKFest, but more of a Satellite Hang. Obviously there are issues with getting gear there but there is a parking garage right next door if you decided to drive. It's probably less than $500/hour to park there. I figure the location is pretty central (if you don't know where it is, you're not invited).

This is the room, but without chairs.
d0c3420a-0479-4f3a-aed7-6de837119d56.resi

The view:

Last edited:
I likely can make this,
Let me know when you have in mind.
I'll probably take train in so most likely not bringing gear.
Let me know

20180111_063730.jpg There's a reasonable lot on north side of 43rd just east of 7th
(Reasonable meaning not absurd. We are talking midtown manhattan).

Attachments

• 20180111_063721.jpg
    20180111_063721.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Guys, I work in a large building in Times Square that has ample space to host us on a weekend. Not a full-on AKFest, but more of a Satellite Hang. Obviously there are issues with getting gear there but there is a parking garage right next door if you decided to drive. It's probably less than $500/hour to park there. I figure the location is pretty central (if you don't know where it is, you're not invited).
I live up the block lol. Let me know if this happens

I’m interested. It would be my first meeting thing, so not sure exactly what it entails, but if I’m not working, I’m there!
-keith

It doesn't really entail anything in particular. Different meets, people bring refreshments, (or possibly cups, plates, napkins whatever) you can bring gear to demonstrate and or sell (also media and stuff). My personal philosophy is don't bring anything large or heavy unless you have a prearranged deal (that's not a rule, just sort of prudent).

It doesn't really entail anything in particular. Different meets, people bring refreshments, (or possibly cups, plates, napkins whatever) you can bring gear to demonstrate and or sell (also media and stuff). My personal philosophy is don't bring anything large or heavy unless you have a prearranged deal (that's not a rule, just sort of prudent).

Cool. I could bring some nice wine & my best sounding records.

There's also an audio store (J and V?) a block away, plus the headphones store on 46th street, so we could include those vendors in our little meet.

I would like to go to one of these. Live in NJ not far from the bridge. One of my sons lives in Brooklyn so I could meet guys from there for demos etc. When is the next planned meeting? Maybe someone can help me get my luxman lv103 ez model working on both channels again.

Back
Top Bottom