AUSTIN & SURROUNDING AREA - AUDIOPHILES

-FROG-

Hello folks. Looking to meet people in and around the Austin area for networking and listening parties. Chime in if you are around Austin Texas and would like to meet others near by!

This was my setup, but I have toned it down a it as of lately. :)
12039365_10153677727819210_364284547283425528_n.jpg

-Paul

I live in fredericksburg! I'm just getting serious about my home audio and need to listen to speakers to find out what I like!

We just moved to Aggieland and try too get up to Austin for a taste of the city life every few weeks. If you would like us to PM you when we're planning to get up there. let me know. Or, if you ever want to truck on down here, let me know as well.

Check Facebook; Austin Audio Society, River City Audio Society and 5one2 audio.

I'm in Austin as well! I've been to a couple of the Austin Audio Society meets (only been in Austin a few months). I'd love to see if anyone wants to organise meets outside of those.

Lampasas here, close enough to do get together in Austin. Any regular group meetings? No Facebook or Twitter - too old by decades.

Lampasas here, close enough to do get together in Austin. Any regular group meetings? No Facebook or Twitter - too old by decades.

I've not yet run into any regular meetings outside of the month Austin Audio Society meets. But I'm always on the lookout. I actually want to go to Jorge Sadurni's house again soon and listen to his system.

I've not yet run into any regular meetings outside of the month Austin Audio Society meets. But I'm always on the lookout. I actually want to go to Jorge Sadurni's house again soon and listen to his system.
“Again”? Just looked him up - strange and interesting approach to speaker system. I’d be interested in seeing and hearing them.

“Again”? Just looked him up - strange and interesting approach to speaker system. I’d be interested in seeing and hearing them.

I went to his home once, as he hosted an Austin Audio Society meet.

I'm not the biggest fan of horns, but his horns sounded very good. And he was a very gracious host. I definitely recommend contacting him and going to listen.

Anyone know of a reputable shop or person that would be able to recap my Denon DP-62L? I live about equidistant from San Antonio and Austin. Thanks!

Anyone know of a reputable shop or person that would be able to recap my Denon DP-62L? I live about equidistant from San Antonio and Austin. Thanks!

Give Tapehead Electronics in Ausitn a call. They have done a good job on a number of vintage receivers, reel to reel and a Dual TT for me. Link:

http://www.tapeheadelectronics.com/

I have only found one shop in SA that does this type of work and they have a very long wait time. I haven't come across anyplace in between the two cities.

San Antonio here. Always interested in a meet and eat. Austin is only an hour away from my house. 3 hours if someone has a flat tire along 35 and everyone has to slow and gawk...

Back
Top Bottom