USB Bridge

Damn, I came to this thread because I thought it would be about USB Bridge's.

Instead, we get sidelined with talk about CCA, MQA, FLAC, ZIP & BS.

Sad.

Ha such is paradise! Back to subject, I’ve had my Breeze now for several weeks. I have never had an electrical component so sensitive to warm up! I just leave it on 24/7 now as it really takes a couple of hours to blossom. I am thinking of replacing the electrolytic caps with something known. Not that it would improve the sound it is just that I don’t know what is in there now as they have no brand label, just rating. I assume something out of China that may or may not be of any quality? I just like to know what I have and they are something of known quality.

Ha such is paradise! Back to subject, I’ve had my Breeze now for several weeks. I have never had an electrical component so sensitive to warm up! I just leave it on 24/7 now as it really takes a couple of hours to blossom. I am thinking of replacing the electrolytic caps with something known. Not that it would improve the sound it is just that I don’t know what is in there now as they have no brand label, just rating. I assume something out of China that may or may not be of any quality? I just like to know what I have and they are something of known quality.

I have the Talema version, on the PCb there is XMOS U208 V1.1. There are 4 1500uF 16V elcos, 1 47uF 25V (on the PCB the marking shows 100uF), these are black and gold labels, unknown brand. There is also another 47uF 6.3 or 16V Oscon looking elco. I replaced the 1500uFs with Nichicon KA 2200uF 25Vs, the 47uF with Nichicon FG 47uF 25V, and as I couldn't see the 47uF marking on the oscon like cap, I replaced it with a 100uF as it was marked on the board, I think it was also FG I had on hand. My impression is that the bass became more controlled, less boomy. I think it is still better than unknown quality caps so it's worth the little money and time invested. I'm also thinking about bypassing the power switch so when you plug the power cord it will be always on, but I didn't decide on this yet.

Back
Top Bottom