What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Polk SDA SRS 2.3 TL and some jackass standing there

75h969wof0ax.jpg

Now I'm out :)

Waiting for review, Sure that's not a record store!!

Yes, I put a drop of wood glue in each hole, And added a finished ply backing painted white. I'll get a pic up as soon as room is lighter. Very strong shelf, No bowing from weight, I hate that.
Watched a vid where a guy glued every dowel and every joint. Then he used masonite as a backer, glued and screwed.
I'm afraid of the "whoops, that doesn't go together like that" factor. LOL.

Good point. I’m probably better off with my steel rack, for LPs anyway.
Can't beat that steel rack, except that it was full on day one!
I screwed the backing on. Not much to grab onto. I pre drilled the board first. Went ok, But dicey
Was considering white peg board. Glued and screwed for stabilization. That way I could see each shelf an hit it with a screw...I'm probably overthinking this.

Shelf #1. You can see it's plenty strong
index.php
Looking good, Bob. Whitey Tighty!
I will have more questions, but for the sake of the thread I'll move it to PM. Thanks Bob.

EDIT: Of course this is what I'm trying to avoid. But sheesh, what was this guy thinking? :rflmao:
That's a Kallax 5x5 fully loaded, Probably 1600 albums at 1000 or so pounds on a pressboard unit.
And it fell all over his gear.

I'm picturing him putting the last album on the last shelf and...WHUMP!!!

Last edited:
Looking good, Bob. Whitey Tighty!
I will have more questions, but for the sake of the thread I'll move it to PM. Thanks Bob.

EDIT: Of course this is what I'm trying to avoid. But sheesh, what was this guy thinking? :rflmao:
That's a Kallax 5x5 fully loaded, Probably 1600 albums at 1000 or so pounds on a pressboard unit.
And it fell all over his gear.

I'm picturing him putting the last album on the last shelf and...WHUMP!!!
I've lots of comments in my head. All I going to say is ....Holy Crap! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom