What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Tomcats_Screaming_Outside.jpg

Found this at Goodwill . I just can't stop listening to it , it is so good .

I have a homemade rack for LPs that is 6x4 units and that type of failure has been a recurring nightmare. While we were renovating I moved them to the garage and had them on an old 60's solid ass back desk i picked up. One day a fiend looks over and said is that lopsided? I looked and it had blown out the back of the back desk and was sagging. We quickly removed the LPs and I didn't have a collapse. Was close though...

Edit: here is the current incarnation

View attachment 1114388

View attachment 1114389

I have those wire racks also but I don't think they are sturdy enough for the weight of records. so I zipped tied them also and use them to store Guitar effects pedals.
It works fine for that. But those little plastic round things that hold it together,Man I don't know if I trust them.

Jason, when you put together your Kallax, did you wood glue all the dowels and joints, and add a backer panel or is it straight factory original?
My BH&G knockoff unit should be here today and I'll be putting together very soon.

I have the BH&G shelves and added a backer board. One for little extra support and two to keep all my records from sliding to far back.... works great.

I have those wire racks also but I don't think they are sturdy enough for the weight of records. so I zipped tied them also and use them to store Guitar effects pedals.
It works fine for that. But those little plastic round things that hold it together,Man I don't know if I trust them.

I hear you, I started with a smaller bunch of them but have been using it as a temporary solution for like 5 years now lol. No issues, and they seem pretty solid. I just had to sort through some clips and panels that seemed less solid. I think the newer version of those are more flimsy because I had to reject a few I picked up here and there.

I just happened to have a sheet of peg board here so I used that.

Same here. I've had a partial sheet of white pegboard out in the garage doing nothing for years.

I have a piece of a sheet I need to throw out! I used it for a wall hanger for my basses and question its stability. I'm thinking of having a piece made from sheet Aluminum to replace this.

normal_20120303_171121~0.jpg

normal_20120305_161518~0.jpg

normal_20120307_203740~0.jpg

20140803_music-room.jpg

I hear you, I started with a smaller bunch of them but have been using it as a temporary solution for like 5 years now lol. No issues, and they seem pretty solid. I just had to sort through some clips and panels that seemed less solid. I think the newer version of those are more flimsy because I had to reject a few I picked up here and there.

I used small black zip ties next to the round plastic thing in order to keep them snugged up and hopefully together. Once one goes it is like a domino effect they all go.
IMG_2732.JPG

I have a piece of a sheet I need to throw out! I used it for a wall hanger for my basses and question its stability. I'm thinking of having a piece made from sheet Aluminum to replace this.

normal_20120303_171121~0.jpg

normal_20120305_161518~0.jpg

normal_20120307_203740~0.jpg

20140803_music-room.jpg

James, I have hung guitars like that many times with out any trouble. Our local music store has done the same what for years without any trouble. In fact that is who gave me the hangers. It looks fantastic man. I always wanted a upright bass never got one. They sure are cool Daddy-O.

Back
Top Bottom