Travlin' Lite or Heavy?

Well worth it fentertaining during a week of winter activities

We've had a cabin in the great white north for 35 years. We've stayed into Feb a couple times with temps 20 below and 15 feet of snow on the ground. Enjoy watching the ice fishermen out on the lake in their little ice huts but mostly it is a summer retreat.

Has a full time reference system we use so we only bring new source to listen to.

We stay in Eagle River, WI area and ski over border in UP. We've had -25°F temps but this time was not the worst.
The owner has had two major remodels after floods from broken or frozen pipes. That's a climate where furnaces can't quit for long or bad things happen.

-25 degrees! Sheesh, that is certainly weather for a good scotch, a big fire and good tunes. :beerchug:

Ooooh.... The revenge one could get on unruly neighbors with that! I'd park that bad boy in the alley behind the house next door (they throw 110+ dB parties on week nights with no concern about whether one has to go to work/school the next day...) and blow all of the f'ing windows out of the structure, garbage out of the yard, and criminals out of the basement with one track. And if the police showed up, they'd risk deafness while attempting to arrest me. :rockon:

i used to have a variety of portable 'systems' back in the day...but now i keep it as light as possible.

If i'm flying anywhere it's just a Sansa Clip mp3player ( about the size of a matchbook) and earbuds. I load it with music and several audio books and i'm good. I also bring the wire needed to hook it up to the aux. in a rental car. That and my iphone ( for streaming ) work just fine.

If we're driving , but staying in hotels, it's the same arrangement.

If we're staying for a week at a cabin in Maine, then i'll add my bose soundlink 3 to the above.

I'm a musician...so most of the time i can just enjoy the music that's in my head.

i used to have a variety of portable 'systems' back in the day...but now i keep it as light as possible.

If i'm flying anywhere it's just a Sansa Clip mp3player ( about the size of a matchbook) and earbuds. I load it with music and several audio books and i'm good. I also bring the wire needed to hook it up to the aux. in a rental car. That and my iphone ( for streaming ) work just fine.

If we're driving , but staying in hotels, it's the same arrangement.

If we're staying for a week at a cabin in Maine, then i'll add my bose soundlink 3 to the above.

I'm a musician...so most of the time i can just enjoy the music that's in my head.
Audioengine A2.Ipod withFM and small Sony disc player for sources.Headphones/buds.Goes to the beach rental in Maine.Covers all bases for me.Sounds good too.Fits in a small box. Scott.

While not much of a traveler, due to health reasons, I do travel quite frequently to the pool in the backyard. Lol. I recently purchased a pair of JBL Flip 4 bluetooth speakers, which can be paired as true stereo speakers. The sound is surprisingly pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom