Let's see your cans!

Fostex TH-X00 Ebony's. For the life of me I can't get the wood grain to show in the photos. Beautiful cans IMO!

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
I've uploaded a few pics of several listening / working rooms around house with HPs along with DAC/Amp set-ups and a few source devices in a related group topic but am not sure at the moment how to link the newly created gallery or groupings or if it's protocol to do so.
Here's a few pics of my mobile HP set-up in the meantime.

Great set up

Recent arrival--the Oppo PM-3 planars. Certainly the most comfortable (and expensive) I've ever owned! Very smooth and detailed sound also, especially on classical. Now I just need to up my amplification game, and figure out something for a portable rig. But for now, the headphone output on the 105 will have to do. (And headphones at this level show how lousy the outputs on smartphones, tablets and computers are...)

View attachment 865540

I know I am going to receive some flak for these since I’m probably the only one that has beats headphones on the forum. Lol. A friend of mine gave me the Koss headphones and I happily took them. A bit heavy but sound nice. As for build quality as you hear about beats these are the very first from 2008 been halfway around the world and back as well as heavy transit use. So 10 years and counting so far. My next ones will be the Oppo PM 3 also. Heard them at a friends on a high res player. WOW and very comfortable. Pricey as well but worth it.

81CB68DF-62EA-4952-8DB9-C73E2D4C3E2F.jpeg A9A9E5C0-D126-4974-BB88-43AA9DC899B6.jpeg E168EA4B-A4E4-4D8A-ACCE-768F5FC524CE.jpeg

My next ones will be the Oppo PM 3 also. Heard them at a friends on a high res player. WOW and very comfortable. Pricey as well but worth it.
Very comfortable--they're the only over-the-ear 'phones I can wear for an hour or so at a time and not feel discomfort. As a rule though, I just don't like headphones, or headphone listening (and that includes earbuds). So it says a lot that I can tolerate the PM3s for that much time. ;)

No pics, but my collection is slowly growing.

Sennheiser PC363D
Sennheiser HD558 ( headband broke)
Sennheiser HD 6XX

Hifiman HE-4XX

Philips SHP-9500
Philips Fidelio X2

HyperX Cloud II (Takstar Pro 80)

Sony MDR XB400

I know I am going to receive some flak for these since I’m probably the only one that has beats headphones on the forum. Lol. A friend of mine gave me the Koss headphones and I happily took them. A bit heavy but sound nice. As for build quality as you hear about beats these are the very first from 2008 been halfway around the world and back as well as heavy transit use. So 10 years and counting so far. My next ones will be the Oppo PM 3 also. Heard them at a friends on a high res player. WOW and very comfortable. Pricey as well but worth it.

View attachment 1116935 View attachment 1116936 View attachment 1116937
Pro 4AA Titaniums!! How do you like em?

Pro 4AA Titaniums!! How do you like em?
I think the sound is really good for the price point and have a great retro look. Well guess these never really changed much since the 70s. Lol . I use headphones on my phone and iPad mainly. I plugged it in to my marantz cd and carver tube CD player for kicks and it sounded great. The thing I don’t like about them is they are not the most comfortable. Heavy as well. No way you take these on a long trip. The smaller beats I can wear those for hours I forget they are on sometimes.

View attachment 1116935 View attachment 1116936 View attachment 1116937

Nah. Beats bashing is weak as hell. I’ve got the Studio 3 Wireless which have Apple’s W1 chip in them. They connect and play flawlessly with my iPhone/iPad/Mac computers. Previous headphones would work with some and not others and almost all of the other cans I had tried suffered from audio lag while watching videos. The Studio 3 have been 100% trouble free on all of the prior counts.

Just plain ole vintage for me, anything better is wasted on me, besides I'm too broke and cheap to spend much more.
Pioneer SE-505, Pioneer SE-L401, Pioneer SE-50, (that I bought at garage sales and swap meets, etc. cheap)and a too expensive set of Sennheiser RS175 RF Wireless HP Sys with extra set of HP's ta boot that I purchase for my daughter and son-in-law that they don't want. :( :mad:

Back
Top Bottom