Synergy-or not? Updated!

manu et deo

I'm loving it!
Subscriber
Sony CDP-CX225 and OPPO DV-980H -> Beresford Caiman -> Nad 1700 -> Crown XLS 2000 -> ADS 1290

The best I have ever heard, doesn't say much but it sounds awesome.

I will take a better pick after I finish cleaning up but I had to share.

Attachments

• 20171228_101710.jpg
    20171228_101710.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 216
But all that clutter in front of the speakers might be adding the room treatment you need!

I'd love to try some bigger power on my 1290s at some point.

The XLS series are dead quiet and no fan noise, I have a second one I might try bridging to really up the power. Ads seem to crave it.

I was thinking the same thing. I had my own (remaining) pair of L1290 in a 10x10 room and after I cleared it out of all the accumulated boxes, eBay stuff etc. the sonics went to hell. Turns out the clutter was doing a really good job of preventing bass cancellation in my listening position. Since bringing the clutter back wasn't a wife-supported option, I ended up biamping the 1290's with an a/d/s/ powered sub that I can locate off-center which solves the bass problem but leaves the 1290 (1590 now) still at something of a disadvantage sonically.

John

But all that clutter in front of the speakers might be adding the room treatment you need!

As the pile is what is left over from tearing down the previous setup and my daughter's room, I hope it isn't too bad when it is all gone. But room treatment is next on the list as is possibly a powered sub to accentuate the lows. I have a plate amp and a 12 inch to possible try out in here

I'm sure you will be fine removing a fair amount of the clutter. Particualrly THE STUFF IN FRONT OF THE SPEAKERS! ;)

Bedroom system:
Esinkin BT to HK A230 to Onix Ref .5 speakers
Everything j could ask for, I could probably bring my other sources in here, because I think it's that good. But I have a different room for that.20180111_085919.jpg

Back
Top Bottom