List your Klipsch speakers

My entertainment room is outfitted with the Synergy line, I have the big F3 towers, F2 surrounds and B3 rears. I also have the C1 center but it just plain didn't work for me, so the Klipsch center went on the shelf and I ended up building my own custom center speaker out of some old Pioneer box I stuffed with a single NS-690 Yamaha crossover (with adjustable mid and high L pads, from the Flea Bay) that I then hooked to a Klipsch F2 driver as a midrange, a late model JBL tweeter I use as a super tweeter, along with a common iron oxide Yamaha tweeter, and I kept the original Pioneer 12" woofer. When its all said and done, old FrankenKlipsch is a vast improvement over the Klipsch center. I also have two Klipsch subwoofers, a 10 and a 12, of the same vintage, to complete the 7.2 system. The plate amplifier on the 12 up and died one day and I replaced it with a Bash unit of the same wattage and that's worked out well. The 10" sub is an old warhorse that just still works well.

While it's been a fantastic system for home theater and gaming, musically, the big towers are what I'd call over-bright, I really didn't care for their performance with music until I started pushing the fronts with a seperate Rotel power amp and one of these Yamaha EQ's, which is a real gem:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/proaudio/processors/q2031b/index.html

Once I had the horns a little more under control they certainly sound a lot better, I think if I biamp'd the whole set up I'd probably have even better sound from the fronts and the sides, which is probably how the original engineers intended they be driven.

Last edited:
Got a a pair of LaScala Industrials a few months ago, my first Klipsch, which I love but the wife isn’t in love with the black pebble finish. Won a pair of Belles and waiting for them to be delivered.

Down to one pair of original Fortes.

Recapped, all openings resealed, and braced internally. Stock otherwise, but these cheap mods made a great deal of SQ improvement. And I shall always remember dcmfan fondly for driving up to help do the work. The cabinets are in remarkably good condition, in Klipsch Walnut Oil. Sound great in the bedroom.

FYI. One difference between the original Forte and the Forte 2, was that the first model's woofer flange overlapped the mid's flange, allowing the woofer and mid-horn to be a tad closer together. Because of this, the Forte had a narrower strip of cabinet behind those flanges. I targeted that spot as the site for the added front-to-back internal brace rather than two braces either side. I can't say it is better than two braces, but it is a very worthwhile endeavor, imo.

Got a a pair of LaScala Industrials a few months ago, my first Klipsch, which I love but the wife isn’t in love with the black pebble finish. Won a pair of Belles and waiting for them to be delivered.

Won a pair of belles ?

Kg4's, out of service, sound like crap, probably need new xover caps.
Synergy b3's, bookshelf units. Blow my mind with whatever I power them with! Good test units. And they were almost free!:banana:

2 pairs of Khorns 1974 and 1982 vintage.
Pair of Cornwall 3's
Pair of Forte 3's
Pair of Reference Premier 280's
Pair of RB-61 2's
Pair of RB3's

I've always had 4 speakers no matter what kind I've owned, just love that sound coming from both directions. I've been the proud owner of 4 klipsh m 160 book shelf for about year now best I've ever Hurd.

I lived with a pair of RF-3 II for two years. They impressed me in the beginning with their dynamics but I got tired with the harsh highs and I sold them. I was surprised how their sound could change with different speaker cables. I was able to enhance the lows or tame the highs but I had a limited budget and none of the cables I had borrowed could do everything well.

I'm a fan of the Heritage line, I'd love to own the Cornwalls or Fortes, don't know which I like most. I prefer those speakers beacuse of the mid horn, to me they sound more balanced than 2 way speakers.

KG4....new tweet diagphrams...need to replace the xo caps

Cornwall two's....b3, have ALK xos need to put in.

What's next? Maybe khorns or belles...