C33 Faceplate replacement

psychoaudio

I didn't do it
Subscriber
whats best way to remove and reinstall the center control panel fascia to the glass?? Thank you 8520DDD2-425E-457F-B924-916F67974C32.jpeg

Last edited:
Glass faceplate gets removed as a assembly with whole frame. You will need to remove about 6 screws and carefully pull out the assembly.
You will have to remove knobs first, of course. Stubborn knobs can be removed wrapping a rope or tape around the shaft and pulling it; do not pry out and use a glass as a support.

Switches on your picture are not part of the panel. The bezel with placards needs to be removed and installed to the new glass with double side tape.

You can google for more detailed instructions with pictures but it is rather simple procedure.
Good luck

Understand the foam rubber light seals on a unit like this will be all rotted and icky sticky.

The bezel with placards needs to be removed and installed to the new glass with double side tape.
Thanks TR6man. got the control panel and glass removed. I dont think I can replicate the holes on double sided tape to line up witht the holes on the panel. How about using super glue on the panel to glass? I could not find instructions on google. Could you share a link?

Understand the foam rubber light seals on a unit like this will be all rotted and icky sticky.

whats a good alternative to replace the foam seals Dan?

Thanks !!

I recommend contacting Audio Classics for suggestions before doing anything. Who knows- they may even have pre-cut tape for the exact purpose so absolutely check with them first.

I can't find what I seem to remember but have a look at this:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/mcintosh-replacement-glass-problem.616705/

It describes orientation of diffuser on the inside of the glass panels.
You will have to remove it from the old and install on the new panel.
Please don't use crazy glue as it is not suitable for this, epoxy would be better.
Double sided tape does not need to cover whole area so you can use thin strips.

I agree with motostereo regarding the foam. You used similar couple of months ago on MPI4 glass I have replaced.

^^^^^^I used Armacell from HD cut to the right width on my recent relamp of my mc2255. It seemed to work very well.
are you referring to this product from Armacell??

armacell-pipe-insulation-tap18230-64_1000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom