Show me your CABLES!! Please...

A pic of my cables hooked up.
I don't know if it works for more than his speakers but the golden eared listener in our group researched and found that the main wire to the speakers should go to the tweeter and the jumper to the woofer. Doubt I could hear that difference but if he can and can explain it well enough for me to get an idea...well just glad I don't have to use jumpers like that on my speakers, I guess. Then I don't have to be able to hear the difference.

I don't know if it works for more than his speakers but the golden eared listener in our group researched and found that the main wire to the speakers should go to the tweeter and the jumper to the woofer.
Some speakers ship with brass jumpers, and brass is a poor conductor. The IACS rating of copper is 100%, whereas brass is 28%. I would think that has a chance of being audible. This is why some companies sell replacement jumpers made of copper wire.

Some speakers ship with brass jumpers, and brass is a poor conductor. The IACS rating of copper is 100%, whereas brass is 28%. I would think that has a chance of being audible. This is why some companies sell replacement jumpers made of copper wire.

I've read that, and I don't understand it. Because brass is usually 80-95% copper. Does the zinc kill something??
index.php

Oh. Your link goes on to explain...

One might easily assume that alloys such as the brasses and bronzes, because they are mainly copper, are nearly as conductive as copper. This is not the case. The small percentages of tin, aluminum, nickel, zinc and phosphorus that make up these alloys degrade the electrical performance of the resulting alloy to a far greater percentage than their compositional percentage in the alloy.

Well! I still don't quite understand, but at least now I know. Thanks

Well! I still don't quite understand, but at least now I know. Thanks
True...I let the experts figure that stuff out. :D

Back in January, I was reading up on how a battery desulfator works, and found a blog post describing an issue with a battery they were trying to revive. It's a lengthy read, but when I first read it, I had that "aha!" moment when I saw the brass posts mentioned (about the 5th paragraph in the post), and sure enough, towards the bottom of the post, an employee suggested changing the brass posts for leaded, and things worked properly again.

https://www.impactbattery.com/blog/2016/11/did-we-just-revive-a-3-year-old-abandoned-car-battery/

That just reinforced my gut feeling that brass in audio connectors is not a good thing... ;)

Then again, to belabor the point a bit, 1) brass terminal jumpers are often proportionately larger in mass than copper wire (obviously copper wire gauge varies) and 2) that particular expert assigns a specific value to brass whereas brass varies in composition. Bronze also varies. I'm not gonna sweat this one too much, though I can certainly see the point.

20516.jpg

Just got a “Cullencable” Power Box..
Not much on looks..(will insert it into a custom wooden box some day)
10 awg. Silver coated Copper (power cable)
Carbon Fiber connector (wall plug)
No switches, or removable cable.. (less connection points)
20 amp RF/EMI filter ..(inside box)
12 Awg 99.99% Pure Silver Plated Wires..(inside box)
3 Pass & Seymour Audio Grade Receptacles..

Now my entire system goes in and of One 10 awg. cable ,,
Per some Audiophiles , “Unites all of the grounds from every component in the system to One grounding Point”..!!

Still kinda messy, ..!!

B144731B-2C34-46D7-BBD4-93C0B8CA9E6F.jpeg

Then again, to belabor the point a bit, 1) brass terminal jumpers are often proportionately larger in mass than copper wire (obviously copper wire gauge varies) and 2) that particular expert assigns a specific value to brass whereas brass varies in composition. Bronze also varies. I'm not gonna sweat this one too much, though I can certainly see the point.

20516.jpg
Really surprised by the difference between copper and silver and really surprised the aluminum is a better conductor than silver.

Really surprised by the difference between copper and silver and really surprised the aluminum is a better conductor than silver.
It's not. Silver is best (lower left corner) and then it's downhill from there. As you see, silver and copper are quite comparable and given silver's tremendously reactive properties in air (well, in air that contains sulphur) it's not actually well-suited to purposes here. We use gold for plating not because it conducts better (it doesn't) but because it's remarkably stable and inert. However, some gold electroplating is barely one molecule thick. Which means it can be scratched very easily.

Been experimenting with electropolishing copper to a perfectly CuO free surface condition with a mirror finish, using a high capacity DC voltage supply, and a mix of electrolytes.. The conductor is sealed in a jacket containing pure argon as a dielectric and to prevent the return of CuO from exposer to air.
Conductivity of CuO is 13 orders of magnitude lower than copper and it forms fast on all copper exposed to air. Stranded wire is full of it. Bare copper as commonly seen is not bare, even what looks new is oxidized. After electropolish it doesn't even look like the same material. It beautiful but it doesn't remain that way when exposed to air. The right mix of electrolytes and DC current has been discovered to make a new penny jealous of the purity.

This process is like electroplating in reverse. The copper atoms and impurities are removed from the surface and attracted to a stainless steel cathode for collection.

This is showing potential. Achieving a 100% argon fill and perfect conductor seals has been a challenge, but the latest prototypes have those issues sorted. The DK (dielectric constant) of argon is similar to dry air with a DK of 1. This is even an improvement over teflon commonly seen in high end cables.

Waiting on 1 set speaker cables and 5 power cords from Patrick Cullen myself. Estimated time 2 weeks. I ordered a PS Audio Dectet power Center and have it set up on vibropods and a butcher block just to look better.

Just got a “Cullencable” Power Box..
Not much on looks..(will insert it into a custom wooden box some day)
10 awg. Silver coated Copper (power cable)
Carbon Fiber connector (wall plug)
No switches, or removable cable.. (less connection points)
20 amp RF/EMI filter ..(inside box)
12 Awg 99.99% Pure Silver Plated Wires..(inside box)
3 Pass & Seymour Audio Grade Receptacles..

Now my entire system goes in and of One 10 awg. cable ,,
Per some Audiophiles , “Unites all of the grounds from every component in the system to One grounding Point”..!!

Still kinda messy, ..!!

View attachment 1205754

Back
Top Bottom