LED Flashlights

Acquired a Nebo Slyde last week. Adaptable as a variable intensity flashlight, lantern or safety light flasher. Heavy machined housing, even coverage theatre spotlight flashlight, USB rechargable lithium ion battery, removable magnetic base cap. Reasonably priced and very useful, it displaces my high intensity LED dual D Maglite as my fave.

Thanks mr_light. What do you think of this?
Streamlight 88061
Streamlight are very dependable lights. Note this one doesn't appear to take any rechargeable batteries of any type...
"Battery Type - AA Alkaline, CR123A Lithium, AA Lithium"

Streamlight are very dependable lights. Note this one doesn't appear to take any rechargeable batteries of any type...
"Battery Type - AA Alkaline, CR123A Lithium, AA Lithium"

If it uses CR123As you could use 16350 LiFePO4 but those aren't exactly standard...

if you buy a decent light, you shouldn't have any issues or "fuss" with battery contacts. I have not had to deal with that sort of thing since the 80's.. which is about the time I stopped buying crap lights. I beat on my lights pretty good and I have always been pleased with surefire, fenix and Olight. Fenix is by far my favorite and I pretty much stick with 2x AA or 1x cr123

if you buy a decent light, you shouldn't have any issues or "fuss" with battery contacts. I have not had to deal with that sort of thing since the 80's.. which is about the time I stopped buying crap lights. I beat on my lights pretty good and I have always been pleased with surefire, fenix and Olight. Fenix is by far my favorite and I pretty much stick with 2x AA or 1x cr123

A couple of the ~2008 vintage Chinese LED ones I had would work for several weeks then quit. The battery contact on the PCB would oxidize badly. I fixed this by wiping dielectric grease on it. Since ~2012 though I've not had this happen, even on the ~$2 SK68 ones. T

Minor update on IKEA Ladda AA batteries. I bought a LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500 discharger/charger and tested them out. The listed capacity is 2450mA and the first (4) I checked all came in at least 100mA or more than rated. They are made in Japan so I guess I am not all that surprised that they are good. Another test gave them the thumbs up over Panasonic Eneloops at 3x the price -

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/863...ries-beat-panasonic-eneloop-pro-recycle-speed

ladda-rechargeable-battery__0410731_PE582395_S4.JPG

These are the previous style, avoid. They stopped holding a charge in under ~6 months -

DSC_6321.jpg

1470272769226244358.jpg

That charger looks like a rebranded Xtar, not a bad thing

Not sure. Bought it from the recs on a battery forum about its performance. It came down to this one or the Opus BT-C3100, another recommended one.

Was able to buy the Liito w/o wall-wart or retail packing for ~1/2 cost of the fully loaded one. Got it within 8 days from China, about the fastest I've seen.

I have a LED Lenser flashlight I use. It takes 3AAA batteries. Very bright, and a nice quality to the light when compared to the cheaper lights.

There are many interesting variants. Some of them I did hear for the first time in my life. As for me, I am a big fan of tactical flashlight with powerful battery. It has a long beaming length and many other useful features. When choosing it, you must decide what is the most important characteristics for you. I did purchase Vont 'Blaze' tactical flashlight recently here https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlight-Flashlights-Water-resistant-Accessories/dp/B089T8HDBV and I am totally delighted with it. You can choose here any torch you want. I am not sure if the prices here are the cheapest, but you can be totally sure about the quality of their products!

Hey wait... does this mean that those super expensive incandescent mag lights are now thrift store fodder? Is there a glut of $5 aluminum bat maglite flashlights on ebay?? ::runs to ebay::

Nope. Just get one of the LED upgrade kits for the Maglites.

Flashlight junkie here....I have 3 nitecore flashlights..there P12 is my daily carry and favorite. I use the firefly mode alot....its more light than I need most of the time. Using a 3600 miliamp battery the light is 1000 lumens. Its got good range with enough light spill to see what I need to see. My son has a nitecore that is a serious flood and its not much bigger than the 18650 battery.

Back
Top Bottom