Airedales

Slightly more than I paid for my 4 legged Airedale.

I didn't know they came with legs.;)
Seriously, I have a pair that has spring loaded rollers built into the bottom of the cabinet.

OP, that's as nice of an example of Airedales as I've ever seen.

How often do you find in that condition?

I’d say the answer is “never”, in any condition! Really crazy rare, even harder to find than SFB/3’s. But like the SFB/3’s, these have an upfiring tweeter, which IME is an acquired taste. Unlike the SFB/3’s, the Airedale also has an upfiring midrange.

I’d say the answer is “never”, in any condition! Really crazy rare, even harder to find than SFB/3’s. But like the SFB/3’s, these have an upfiring tweeter, which IME is an acquired taste. Unlike the SFB/3’s, the Airedale also has an upfiring midrange.

While I have never heard the Airdales I have the rather similar W4. Same tweeter, different mid and woofer, and no tiles in the front. The sound is huge, unstrained, unboxy, detailed and to my ears very musical. Rolled off highs is the major downside. The bass has clearly defined tone and texture, and the speakers are very revealing. Not the romantic, golden sunset speaker I thought it would be. I got my pair for $140, but would not sell them for $1400. In fact, I can't think of a speaker I'd rather have unless someone handed me a ATC SCM50 ASL. Or a SFB/3. Or...well, never mind Point is I think they are worth the asking price.

Back
Top Bottom