Pictures of your computer set ups

Here we go!:

protonmeterscloseup_zps9682ba89.jpg

protonguts1_zps32109a3d.jpg

Here is my current setup for the next few months or whenever I get tired of it and move it around again.
I have another of these maple veneer solid core doors that I am planning on building a frame for so I can use the two of them together as desks.

I'd love to try a couple of stands like the IsoAcoustics for my CDMs speakers.
I would also love to build myself a better subwoofer using a driver like the Dayton UM15-22 or 18-22 along with something like one of the big Behringer NU3000/6000DSP amps.

AOXYABj.jpg

The mains are B&W CDM 1NT with an Axiom VP100 center and Axiom AX1.2 Rears.
I have the matching B&W center channel but I have not tried it in this setup, it's almost as tall as the speakers and I also don't trust that cheap monitor arm to not smash the shit out of the good CDMCNT!

I also have a Paradigm DSP-3100 subwoofer tucked away in a corner behind me.
I run it all via a Yamaha RX-v863 AVR that recieves signal from HDMI out from my gpu.

Computer specs are below and the screenshot shows me playing World of Warcraft at the absolute highest settings including SSAAx4 which increases the pixel count to be that of an 8K display which really puts some stress on the system!

CPU and Cooler: Intel i7 4790k at 4.6ghz 1.29v with a Corsair H110 cooler and Noctua 140mm iPPC 3000rpm PWM fans that are pwm controlled and limited to between 700 and 2000rpm
Ram: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-1866 c9
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87x UD3H
GPU: EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 at +50/+500
Case: Corsair Air540 with Noctua Redux 140mm pwn fans
Hard drives: Crucial MX300 1TB SSD, WD Black 6tb 7.2k rpm, HGST NAS 5TB 7.2k, Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB 7.2k
PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 850w
Monitor: Philips BDM4065UC 3840x2160 at 60hz using displayport 1.2
Input Devices: Corsair K90 keyboard and Logitech G403 mouse with Steelseries QcK+ mouse pad

I also have a secondary computer in this room that I am planning on moving more hard drives into including the 3tb and 5tb from my main computer.
JfdNxhB.jpg

Intel Xeon X5650 at 4.2ghz 1.25v
3x4GB DDR3 1600
Asus P6X58E Premium X58
Gigabyte GTX 1070
Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
240gb ssd and 2x2tb + 1x5TB of hard drives
HX850 PSU

Thanks for taking a look!
I love combining two of my most favourite interests into one thread. :)

Very nice, mcyuke. Those B&Ws look really cool. I had to actually Google "CDMCNT" to figure it out. Oh, and I do remember the original Lowenbrau it was very good.

Had to cut out my coworkers desk, because its a f..king mess. :)

2vvmfs9.jpg

Gear: Intel NUC6I7, "ChiFi" FX.Audio DAC-6x, Beyerdynamic MMX300, 90s Cambridge Soundworks 2.1
Vape: Wismec Noisy Cricket II with Dead Rabbit RDA
Misc: Rotring Mechanical Pencil 800+, Toyota Minitruck Speedometer driving gear

Had to cut out my coworkers desk, because its a f..king mess. :)

2vvmfs9.jpg

Gear: Intel NUC6I7, "ChiFi" FX.Audio DAC-6x, Beyerdynamic MMX300, 90s Cambridge Soundworks 2.1
Vape: Wismec Noisy Cricket II with Dead Rabbit RDA
Misc: Rotring Mechanical Pencil 800+, Toyota Minitruck Speedometer driving gear

Very interesting (but effective) monitor display.

Very interesting (but effective) monitor display.

Reading or writing a letter page format is very nice with this setup. Some monitors do have issues with viewing at an angle. Most modern monitors come with a swivel base anyhow, you can try it without the "VESA swing arms"

I'm glad my old thread didn't die off! Kraut, I like that set up and just love those mini "Yamators"!! I never knew they even existed. Really cool! Is the Crown D75 behind the laptop screen??

Thanks, the Crown D75 is right behind the laptop on a corner bass trap, but it's getting a proper case soon.
The mini-me Yammies are just amazing. Here they are next to a NS-200M:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom