If you could only keep one pair of your speakers which ones would you keep?

Since I've only recently had a house, instead of a townhouse or room, my speakers have been for more modest. I'll keep the KEF 104aB's since I racapped them last year. I'll give up the JBL 4312's.

BUT...

*IF* we could only HAVE ONE set of speakers with great matching power amps and crossovers......

I'd want a pair of Crown ES224's. Tubes on top, my PSA-2 on the bottom.
Second Choice?
KEF's big studio monitors.

Easy, since I'm down to two pairs.

Go - KEF 103.2's - very good speakers, but not 107's
Stay - KEF 107's - I like that these can fit essentially anywhere a stand-mounted monitor-type speaker could go...they're really not all that large for the amount of sound they can put out! So these will likely stay with me for good...unless I get upgrade-itis...which at this point seems incurable, lol!
(Wish I still had - Quad 57's)

Your link is a story about the RS-1 while the earlier picture is of the IRS. They vary considerably in the number of drivers and size.

View attachment 1164884
Hahahaha! I saw this and was sure that the relative proportions could not be right; the IRS Vs were too big, and the RS1s were too small. But then I measured the pix, and you know — this is an excellent comparison. They really are that different!!!

P.S. I have a pair of RS1s, a pair of Infinity Modulus Satellites (1990) with an NHT SW2/MA-1 subwoofer system, a pair of B&W Matrix 801s, and a pair of Chartwell BBC LS3/5As bi-amped with KEF B200 woofers in a three tube transmission line. And as strange as it may seem, I really don’t know which pair I would keep. They all have their own unique positive characteristics (and failings).

Last edited:
Your room's prettier (as are your cabinets) -- but it looks like we have close to the same color blue walls!

Duplex Blue? ;)
Thanks! I still love the naked looks yours have. My color is Behr tidal I think?

I chose the color because of your room and Art Dudley's. I'll cop to that.

If forced to choose just one pair, it would be my Infinity RS-IIb's. But I would really hate to get rid of my Infinity Modulus/Genesis G928 speaker system, so I'm going to cheat and keep two systems.

Back
Top Bottom