This will stop it from shifting....

Rockon1

Dodge Sprinter with water intrusion in the TCM. No moisture/weatherproofing at all on the connecters or tcm itself. Guess they figure since its under the drivers seat it doesnt need any. :rolleyes: Bob

20180417_073255.jpg

No conformal coating either ? Thats pretty shoddy construction. My 1980s ECMs that live inside the cabin are all coated and have gaskets and seals on the plugs.

At least it's under the seat.Wait till you have to replace the transmission conductor plate;)

Yes,and therein lies the problem........(actually,problemS)

Not a bad job. 1 connector bolt, 6 pan bolts, and 10 valve body bolts and the VB is on the bench for the swap. Bob

so I'm guessing the build quality on these things isn't all that great? I see a lot of people using them as service trucks, seems like a reasonable vehicle for that sort of purpose.

so I'm guessing the build quality on these things isn't all that great? I see a lot of people using them as service trucks, seems like a reasonable vehicle for that sort of purpose.

I have a lot of respect for the Mercedes 722.6 ttansmission in them. Small yet strong unit. They have a few minor issues but they take a beating well. A lot of the vans I see have high mileage and the overworked torque converters fail. (For gas mileage they keep them locked up or partially locked up at anything over 25mph.) Even then they hold up a long time. Bob

I know next to nothing about those vans, but they sure seem to have used crappy paint on them at the factory. I see them all the time that have giant rust blisters more than half way up the body panels.o_O I know the crap that the state dumps on the roads in the winter here is horrible, but on most vehicles, the rust usually works it's way up from the bottom.:(

I know next to nothing about those vans, but they sure seem to have used crappy paint on them at the factory. I see them all the time that have giant rust blisters more than half way up the body panels.o_O I know the crap that the state dumps on the roads in the winter here is horrible, but on most vehicles, the rust usually works it's way up from the bottom.:(

That surprised me too for a Mercedes product. I was behind one and both back doors were a flaking mess.

Back
Top Bottom