Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Sony MR-9100W, from 1973. Very nice sound for a portable, battery-optional radio. Still have a mess to clean out in the battery compartment, sigh. Mañana. :)

IMG_20180324_162736.jpg

OK, it's not night time, but I didn't get home from work until 3:15am. Listening to Sunday Morning Brunch on KINK-FM 101.9 making it hard to get out of bed.

Sansui TU-717 -> Thule Audio IA100 -> KEF 104/2 Reference Series

Listening to Jazz on KNKX 88.5 with the Yamaha CT-7000 again. I have kept it powered up since my last listening session in order to put some time on the new caps. Lovely sounding tuner!

Listening to KING 98.1 Classic radio on my CT-7000 tuner. First evening with the new Dynalab ST-2 Omni directional external antenna mounted on 20” mast. Very nice :)

Texted in a dedication on Abu Dhabi Classic FM'S Dinner Jazz to my lady love.

Tonight was Sinatra's " Wives and Lovers "

I'm listening to a 95.x frquency station on my Pioneer SX-636, they're playing Duran Duran - Hungry Like a Wolf right now.

I have crappy bunny ears reception in an old plaster filled victorian in a small city. But holy cow even when you just manage to edge in on an MPX signal the stereo sound from this unit is so awesome. I forgot how good it sounds.
I need to find a better antenna :bowdown:

KNKX 88.5 (Jazz 24) > Yamaha T-2 > Yamaha C-2x > Decware Taboo III > Audeze LCD-2.2

Listening to KBCS 91.3 from Bellevue Community College on a Yamaha T-2 > Yamaha C-2x > Decware Taboo III > Audeze LCD2.2

Listening to NPR (WHRO 89.5) tonight, using a modest setup in the living room:
Technics ST-7300 tuner, Pioneer SA-6500, Realistic Optimus 5Bs+Minimus 7s
Nothing elite eqipment-wise, but it sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom