KC Area AK get together - June 2

kurtgo

Ok, here is the new thread for a supposed get together at my house. In Piper, KS. OK - Officially, Kansas City, KS.

I have probably 5-6 plastic tables we can set up for stuff to sell, look at, show off or whatever. Think I'll start about 1PM and run till ?? Looked like we were generating some interest in the previous thread so let's keep it going.

I am kinda interested in listening to different DACs to see if there is a difference. I have 2 - Grant Fidelity 11 and a TEAC UD-501. My speakers have changed so I no longer have the Infinity RS1a's, but, in their place are the Genesis 5.2. Way more detailed speaker. So far, I still have the Dahlquist DQ-10's, maybe, and need help narrowing down the loose driver and if anyone knows about them the availability of the driver.

I have a few other speakers if we want to change some out. Bring what you got and let's plug it in. Most of my music is rock, hard rock, jazz fusion, blues, and lately more "refined" pieces for critical listening. Can play CD, DAP, off my NAS, albums and cassette! We have 2 systems so can "plug and play" upstairs and downstairs. Or on the back deck and/or in the garage. Neighbors need a little jolt anyway.

Most importantly, I have a gobs of beer I cannot drink. Before you get too excited - a lot of it stuff we bought one or two bottles of but haven't tried. Like Peanut Butter Caramel Porter or somesuch. Even have a few bottles of Smores Stout from a small brewery in Colorado.

We can discuss food. We have an extra large grill on our upper deck so cooking for lots of people is not a problem.

Bring it on.......

I hope to be there! It's on the calendar in hopes of staving off work and family encroachment.

I have never been to one of these meetings, but live in Gardner. Hope to make the meeting in June, but don't know yet.
BTW, Tox, I have met you. I bought some old VOTT cabinets from you a couple of years ago.

2020 - no time like the present to meet some of us local AK'rs. We all seem to have a variety of interests but at least one or two of them are the same as each others. There hasn't been one meet yet that I haven't learned at least 10 things. Some are storied I can't repeat, but, what they hey!?

We are going to be there if Erin has to quit her job. We definitely have some stuff to sell should anyone be interested. We want to bring food. What do you guys want. Hint please not BBQ as we smell in 24 hours a day we can do jackstack beans & a big desert.

Love me some Jackstack beans! Let's take a survey and see who wants what. I'm kinda leaning towards whatever my wife can cook up on the grill. She's a damn good cook. Flank steak, sausages, some gourmet burgers, grilled corn on the cob - and on and on..... We'll do that everyone else bring the sides and desserts please.

I think Jay will be attending as well. Says he's doing better and will sure to be here.

Tox - you going to be able to make it?

Yeah I'll be there come hell or high water! Wife will be in North Dakota too so I can stay out as late as I want. :rflmao:

2020: Great to hear from you and looking forward to seeing you and hearing how those VOTTs turned out. :thumbsup:

Sounds like folks are up for bringing food and anything grilled sounds great to me. I'm usually good for a pie and if I can bring something for the grill I'll be glad to do that too.

Drinks sound like "BYOB or take your chances on Smores Porter." :p

I hardly want to say it out loud but I'm working up a project...I'm not even going to say it in case it doesn't get done. :smoke:

Someone start a "June 2 KC Meet Swap Thread" in....heck where do we put those? I'm no good at placing threads this week as you can see by my Refrigerator thread in GAD. :dunno:

I will try to be there with my laptop and hard drive full of music. Will bring some food as well once we figure that out.

And I will be interested in a preamps to go with my newly acquired luxman M 2000 amp. I have an Adcom but looking to get something better.
I can bring a couple of tuners and old large Advent pair newly refoamed to part with, if interested.

We're getting closer so I have some additional info. Anyone wanting to attend PM me and I'll send the address and my cell phone number. 1PM start. Who knows when we finish. I'll have lots of tables to set stuff up on as mentioned.

The wife isn't really interested in cooking so I'll have something "catered". Eric n Erin probably don't want BBQ, but, we may have a little of that and some more of something????? Chime in hear everyone as it should be something you can eat throughout the day at your leisure. Give me some ideas and you all bring the sides and desserts.

Back
Top Bottom