KC Area AK get together - June 2

Man I wish I could make it to this. If I wasn’t right in the middle of my busy season with work, I’d be there. Hope you all have a great time!

All systems go for me! I'll probably carpool with Tox, if he's willing and space allows.

Nobody rides free though. Gas, grass or...bass? :p

Man I wish I could make it to this. If I wasn’t right in the middle of my busy season with work, I’d be there. Hope you all have a great time!

Pouring a lot of mead at the meadery are you? Or out cheering on the bees? :biggrin:

Pouring a lot of mead at the meadery are you? Or out cheering on the bees? :biggrin:

Both, but mainly pouring mead. :beerchug: Several music events coming up to prepare for and our normal summer hours. I’m hoping to have another audio gathering here this fall after things settle down.

Have a great time!

We're getting closer so I have some additional info. Anyone wanting to attend PM me and I'll send the address and my cell phone number. 1PM start. Who knows when we finish. I'll have lots of tables to set stuff up on as mentioned.

The wife isn't really interested in cooking so I'll have something "catered". Eric n Erin probably don't want BBQ, but, we may have a little of that and some more of something????? Chime in hear everyone as it should be something you can eat throughout the day at your leisure. Give me some ideas and you all bring the sides and desserts.

Kurt we are down for whatever. If you can get a headcount We will bring beans and a big cobbler most likely peach.

Sounds like a lot wanted to attend but have had little responses wanting the address. PM for same. This coming Saturday, June 2 in Piper, KS. I think so far there's Tox, Stereocouple, Splat, Tyella and ??? and maybe Jaymanna. Big Elcat? Blast?

Think I'll get some platters to make sandwiches anytime and some other snacks so bring what you want. As I get PM's I'll keep posting whom else may come.

Yep, as long as there are no crisis here then, I'm in! You've given me your address. Looking forward to it!

I'm IN !

Had to take the day off work, and they held out to the last minute.

I'll be PM'ing kurt a little later in the week.

Hey who's going to have a working amp at this event, in the 50-150 wpc range? I'm going to need up to 3 for a, um, science experiment. :cool:

Kurt, I'm bringing back the big Parasound, I think that would do the trick, but. Tyella, if you can bring along that Sony you were talking about, if it's up and running. Anybody else?

Plus a preamp would be nice, and a decent CD player. I can bring some of this stuff but it would be fun to hear some different gear.

Hey who's going to have a working amp at this event, in the 50-150 wpc range? I'm going to need up to 3 for a, um, science experiment. :cool:

Kurt, I'm bringing back the big Parasound, I think that would do the trick, but. Tyella, if you can bring along that Sony you were talking about, if it's up and running. Anybody else?

Plus a preamp would be nice, and a decent CD player. I can bring some of this stuff but it would be fun to hear some different gear.

Tox, I can bring my Yamaha DSP-A2070 - it's a strong 80 wpc. I can also bring a good preamp, and my Denon CDP.

"Are you robbin' the train?"

"No! It's a science experiment!"

I have two matching 75 watt rms Parasounds. A Parasound pre and a Sansui pre. All this stuff is working great.

I was thinking about bringing my Sansui Alpha-X integrated for show and tell. It works great, too, but I'd cry if I broke it playing around.

Glad to see the responses everyone. Still a few others that mentioned in the Ping Thread they'd like to attend - so here's your Get Off Your Ass and attend notice!

So, Blast, BigElCat, Eric n KC, noisefreq and opposumcrush confirmed also. If Jay shows up that makes 12 so far. Room for more.

Tox I have those tube 180wpc monoblocks, another Parasound, but 200 wpc, of course my big Parasound 3500, 3 Lepai digital amps at 100 wpc of which I'm running one on a center channel, one for my rear speakers and another for the deck speakers (we can disconnect that one). These Lepai's are just impressing the shit out of me. You guys will have to hear them. Also, just breaking in - a ClassDAudio SDS-470 digital amp (375 wpc) I have in rotation now. Just short of pre's though. I also have mucho cd decks and dvd/cd players.

OK, it sounds like there is plenty of gear available for this train robbery. We're not trying to light up the whole county, it's just multiple well behaved 8 ohm loads. Kurt, we probably want to do this in the garage at least or maybe outside, for planning purposes.

Back
Top Bottom