New receiver with preouts?

gentlejax

i see some of the lower yamahas are now cheap. Power doesnt matter cause i have multiple amps for main/subs.

What i would like is spotify, pandora, etc on new receiver instead of plugging my phone in the aux jack of the unit.

Do they make sucha thing?

Yamaha RX-A870 is the lowest one to go for. The 770 lacks pre-outs.

I believe BlueTooth is now built-in. Earlier models required a dongle.

I said receiver. Doesnt need to be receiver. Can be integrated amp

Whatever it is has to have inputs and preouts for my amps

I don't think the Yamaha integrated amps have what you are looking for. (Spotify, Pandora)

The Aventage receivers do, so long as you steer clear of models below the 870.

I don't think the Yamaha integrated amps have what you are looking for. (Spotify, Pandora)

The Aventage receivers do, so long as you steer clear of models below the 870.
I thought the “N” models had that type of ability . Network receivers

What's your budget? Are you opposed to a separate streaming device and pre-amp?

Im not opposed but if im going to buy seperate device to stream i can just do that now. Im trying to move toward a real 2 channel system versus the ht pre/pro i have. Im running a NAD M15 in stereo.

Im not opposed but if im going to buy seperate device to stream i can just do that now. Im trying to move toward a real 2 channel system versus the ht pre/pro i have. Im running a NAD M15 in stereo.

If your going true 2-channel, go all the way. ;) Pre, power, DAC, streamer. Could even use something like a Rasberry Pi for source/streamer.

My RX-A2030 can certainly handle pre-outs for all 5.1 and dual sub. (L&R or F/R) The issue comes with trying to bi-amp externally, when it comes to time alignment and/or EQ and there is no provision made for it. Having said that, just about any commercially available AVR will suffer from low cost designs utilizing poor performing op-amps, including my Aventage. This is why I pulled all the cheap, noisy and poor performing NE5532's and replaced them with a much more robust and appropriate choice of the OPA-1612. So now I have strait shot from the ESS DAC to one OPA-1612 as a buffer, then through a second one in the Pre-Out circuit strait to the external amp input. (Yamaha M-80) This type of config opens a new arena in leveraging an AVR for very high quality reproduction that can rival any config.

Since this opens up direct download of content in its digital form to the DAC, you get the options you are seeking, like native Pandora or Spotify or AirPlay, or any other digital source really. FLAC or SACD from the HTPC can really bring some great listening.

Last edited:
The Yamaha R-N series have AM/FM, WiFi, Bluetooth and perform quite nicely. If you want a phono input built in, then the higher number units have that also. RN602, RN 803.

Consider the new Outlaw RR2160. Great reviews from many and very reasonably price with lots of great features, including pre-outs. Thirty day returns as well. I have been very happy with this unit since I purchased it a few months ago. See youtube, Steve Guttenberg review of it, or read it on Stereophile. A lot of iron for the money. Just sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom