What cartridge are you currently using on main deck

Audio by Van Alstine Longhorn Grado Green with Grado 8MZ stylus in the LP deck.

Stanton 500 with Stanton D5127 stylus in the 78 deck.

A generic steel needle in the Victrola VV-XI ... and I need to order more, since they're supposed to be changed out after every record.

At the moment, I am using a Pioneer PC-4MC moving coil cartridge, whose stylus and cantilever have been replaced by AK member Needlestein It now has a thin aluminum cantilever, and a 0.2x0.7 elliptical diamond. I am very impressed with it, in terms of tracking, fidelity, distortion, and neutrality. I would suggest that if you come across one of these Pioneer cartridges, don't dismiss it on the basis of it carrying a mass market brand name, give it a chance, it can reward you.

AT33PTG on a VPI arm. Best I've had in my system to date.

y4mKMkpayzo4DdrashfEEhpsd7JX6K3mEV5V7qBbiTlVNApSKMnUf3AuZ4B3rf3og7DGmHKROjZkgxWlLHAGzrhsWTJWCYALoO1vd6KtZYoHokRWlbdIIDhzZT_4qN1P5sjDbeOJPryX1PTMMJoxR9VFFjyrgrOvpwBtQblri928mkH8IxMfZoW-Z3L69yKVjeQc8R2V_yfc_PJHZTl0HpGAw

Denon DL-102 cartridge on a bakelite Ortofon 'G' type SPU headshell fitted on my converted into heavy-heavy mass with now detachable headshell SME 3009 'Improved' S II tonearm on my tweakedy-tweaked Thorens (almost finish) TD146 originally... Sorry for the poor photo but that is about all I can achieve with what I have today.
Photo0235.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread! Just yesterday I rotated through these four on the SL-1210 mkII:
- Ortofon 2M Red (...I really need to try the Blue...)
- ADCOM MC
- Shure V-15 II
- Grado Presitge - Silver

The Empire 598 has a Rega Carbon on it. I really need to get another headshell for that tone arm...

Great thread! Just yesterday I rotated through these four on the SL-1210 mkII:
- Ortofon 2M Red (...I really need to try the Blue...)
- ADCOM MC
- Shure V-15 II
- Grado Presitge - Silver

The Empire 598 has a Rega Carbon on it. I really need to get another headshell for that tone arm...

IMO the 2M Blue is definitely worth the extra bucks over a red, I've tried both.

Shure M91ED with Shure (made in Mexico) yellow N91ED. This is on my Lenco B52. I have one Shure Mexico spare and just bought an EVG spare...

IMG_0530.JPG Denon Dl-55 II needlestein retip. Enjoying my first MC cart. Have another but have not installed it yet. This one may hog the limelight for awhile

index.php

Not the cart I would keep if I could only have one, but it's been on my main table for several months.

My main system has two tables, a mid 80s SOTA Sapphire and a Morinified AR XA. The SOTA has the MMT Premiere arm and with a Denon103 re-tipped by Soundsmith with a ruby cantilever and line contact stone. The AR XA's arm, among other parts has been replaced and upgraded by Marc, it has a Shure V15 Type IV cartridge with an OEM stylus. Preston

003.JPG

002.JPG
Awesome pictures

We've got a really nice collection of cartridge pics starting here.

IMG_0530.JPG DSC_6500a1.jpg AIDA.jpg IMG_1401.JPG IMG_3847_zpsjjwhi8pl.jpg FB_IMG_1528132033757.jpg 003.JPG Shure V15 Type II Improved beauty shot.jpg Photo0235.jpg B9S22zf.jpg

Last edited:
I have an Ortofon Quintet Blue on my Rega TT. That is my most expensive cartridge/TT.
I have GE VR 1000's on my Garrard Lab 80 and AR 77-XB.
The one that gets used the most is the Lab 80 with GE VR 1000. I prefer the GE to the Ortofon which is no slouch.

Back
Top Bottom