Connecting speakers to Eico 3070

jkeeler

Hello,

I have a question. I found an Eico 3070, bought it, deoxit-ed it. It works great with head phones. My question is "how do I hook speakers to this thing"? It just says "main" "ground", "remote" "ground"-Just not the usual positive/negative RC jacks.

I know this is a silly question but I have never hooked speakers to an amp like this and I don't want to short anything out.

Thank you,
Justin

"Main" is your speakers. This is positive out. "Ground" is ground out. Left channel is top strip of terminals, right is the bottom. "Remote" would be, "B" speakers if the amp was marked A/B. So use "Main" and "Ground", they are the terminals on the right side of the strips, (if divided in the middle).

In pictures, those connectors looks so/close together, I'd be afraid of shorting out the amp if the speaker wires touched. Is that concern of mine as bad as it looks to me??

In pictures, those connectors looks so/close together, I'd be afraid of shorting out the amp if the speaker wires touched. Is that concern of mine as bad as it looks to me??

Use crimp on forks. Don't risk shorting it out, this amp has no protection at all against shorts, it will burn out the transistors if you do. Ask me how I know this :)

th.jpg

Back
Top Bottom