Hello from St. Paul

rob Brandt

Hi--

I'm here once again because I finally figured out that my "Brave" browser was not letting me create a new account. I'm also here because I like vintage gear and have a very nice collection of it. I'm also here because I know what tone controls are and what a loudness switch is for and know that it wasn't a "low end 70's thing".

I'm also here because I tried to teach a kid on another site that 4 ohm speakers were just fine and most good vintage gear could handle them with ease and that he shouldn't buy a Dayton audio receiver but rather look at Heathkit gear if that's all he could afford. I am also here because I apparently committed a mortal sin by referring the kid to AK and vinylengine for more perspective. I go to vinyl engine again these days as well.

I used to hang out from 2002 or so to 2011 when my life turned upside down. It's more settled now and I enjoy my old (but refurbished) Marantz gear. I love my restored and beautified Thornes 150 and my Teac reel to reels and if I ask for help with any of them, I'm hoping I don't get a bunch of people telling me I'm stupid and need to promptly ship my gear to them to be fixed.

Welcome to AK! The people here would rather teach you how to diagnose and repair your own gear. Good luck in all your endeavors

Greetings to AudioKarma sir! You'll find the folks here will gladly answer any questions you have and just be good nice people here!
Enjoy AK!

Back
Top Bottom