What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Freddie "K.O." Hubbard.

Pretty cool EB! Did you see much of Nashville?

Well, it looks like my listening room will take more time to put together than I thought. Now that the space is actually available, my other commitments are in the way a bit.

But I thought I'd throw a sneak-peek out there. Remember that RCA Victor pegboard I picked-up a month or so ago? I had a carpenter friend knock it down to a more manageable size sign (also a lot of the pegboard was rotted/stinky from being in an unfinished city basement for more than half a century). So here's what he did:

View attachment 1233051 View attachment 1233052

Things will come together slowly. BUT, I'm convinced, will look and sound great when I'm done.

GJ
Yes, I had moved to Nashville in 1992. Will was a co-worker whom was really into the guitar, as I was at the time. We used to jam together alot and I helped him out with applying theory to his naturally gift ear to help him become an even better guitarist. He thanked me for those efforts by adding my name to the "thank you" section of their 1999 first release. Since I had left Austin and moved to Nashville, they paid for my week trip back to austin to be there for the release party. I felt highly honored no doubt. All teachers want to see their students become better then they ever were. Will achieved that and took the guitar to places I could not. It was nice to know I may have had a very small bit part in all that. I was always in it for the pure love of music only, nothing else. However, the nights at these clubs were icing on the cake!

Freddie "K.O." Hubbard.

Pretty cool EB! Did you see much of Nashville?

Well, it looks like my listening room will take more time to put together than I thought. Now that the space is actually available, my other commitments are in the way a bit.

But I thought I'd throw a sneak-peek out there. Remember that RCA Victor pegboard I picked-up a month or so ago? I had a carpenter friend knock it down to a more manageable size sign (also a lot of the pegboard was rotted/stinky from being in an unfinished city basement for more than half a century). So here's what he did:

View attachment 1233051 View attachment 1233052

Things will come together slowly. BUT, I'm convinced, will look and sound great when I'm done.

GJ
Very nice work!

Nice job. Classic club scene situation too. In front of the TV (better than the men's room or the kitchen doors I guess), nobody paying attention, playing his heart out; one person half claps once at the end. You're never sure if it was something on TV or a joke someone else told or what...

Whenever we were forced to play against "Hockey Night in Canada" or some such, I would always have fun with the sports-enthused hootin'/hollerin' crowd. Whenever a cheer would go up for a goal or a play, I would say "Thank You. Thank You Very Much... You're too kind."

GJ
I have seen many live nightclub performances of top tier artists that no one seemed to notice. The one of Eva Cassidy playing San Francisco Bay Blues kills me.

Back
Top Bottom