Yamaha C2A preamp: another thread about crackling and popping

Hello

i have a c2a and the same problem arose for me.i had a tech attempt to repair but popping and crackling continued ,i use MC setting,

same problem same reason : resistors ! change them all (long process but your trouble will desappear )

Hello

i have a c2a and the same problem arose for me.i had a tech attempt to repair but popping and crackling continued ,i use MC setting,

same problem same reason : resistors ! change them all (long process but your trouble will desappear )
Do you know what is the watt rating for the small, flat resistors on the tone board? It is not shown in the service manual I downloaded from Hi Fi Engine. I'm looking for a clearer, more complete copy of the manual, even if I have to pay for it.

RN60D is only what I use in C2A
see my pctures in post #32
After refixed your preamp check the specs with oscilloscope and you will be impressed by the quality of the potentiometers and switches ! no more differences between left and right

I am preparing my order for the resistors. I agree on the quality of Vishay RN resistors. I use them in audio equipment where metal film resistors are applicable.

I am preparing my order for the resistors. I agree on the quality of Vishay RN resistors. I use them in audio equipment where metal film resistors are applicable.

once you are done with the resistors, have you considered cleaning the pots and switches?

I love this site for threads like this.
I've got a C-2a waiting to be decrackled and conversations like this give me a bit of confidence.

"decrackled" is a nice term. Please post your results after you have decrackled your C-2a. I have a couple C-2a units I need to (eventually) get around to myself.

I went back and read it (post 32) again. Jogged my memory....Wow! that was over a year ago and I still haven't got to my C-2a units to try the restoration yet. I should have some time in December so I need to make that project my Christmas present to myself this year ;-)

Does anyone know if the C-2x or C-2 have problems with these same flat resistors? I know the circuits are all totally different but just curious. They both work fine but guess I should look?

Back
Top Bottom